Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slavery is murder

Default Slavery is murder

Murder means someone forcefully takes another life. If someone controlls every aspect of someone's life, by either owning them legally as slaves, controlling their finances and their living conditions, or even governing them on any level, then one person openly rules over another and in essence, murders them. Life is basically defined by someone's control over their own bodies in minds - slavery prevents them of this, and is just the same as murder. Therefor, one human being having any kind of enforced authority over another slavery, so authority is murder.

Slavery is also freedom, if you'd like to think on a 1984 level.

Murder technically is killing another life, and I mean killing as in physiologically killing. But hey, we already know that slavery takes on a pretty damn similar effect.

But your analogies stretch too far, like:

Knowledge = Power
    Power = Energy
    Energy = Mass (from e=mc2)
    Therefore Knowledge = Mass (smart people are fat)
    But this gets all quite out of hand.

Er Sic you need to look up the legal definitino of murder and stop your random rantings.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

Yeah... so I don't know if you really think this or not... but it seems more like you're just trying to make a "logical" flow of arguments.

And even if you do think so, I think your implication of slaves not having control over their bodies or minds is wrong. Because regardless of your situation, you can still have control of at least your mind.

Lightbulb

I can see where you could have a point in a purely philosophical sense. It's something that causes me to cock my head to the side and say "Oh yeah, I can kinda see that." But to argue that it should move beyond the realm of ideas and that such logic should be the basis for anything in life is to get too wrapped up in the philosophy that you blind yourself.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

If you replace "taking someone's life" to "killing" it doesn't have nearly the same effect. You're depending on linguistics for your shit to make sense. You're also depending on your own definitions--a method by which you could make absolutely anything progress from anything else.
    omg sigged fuck you

Psh. You can use facts to remove anything that's even remotely true.

Once again, Homer Simpsons guides us with the truth in his humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?

Whenever I hear people say things like this, I can't help but be reminded of pseudo-intellectual 15 year old potheads in their sophomore year of high school. While they're kinda-sorta philosophically true, it's such a stretch that it carries no real validity.

thank you.
    Hate if you want to hate,
    If it keeps you safe,
    If it makes you brave.

Many secrets have you
    Many secrets you have
    But it's only a matter of time
    Did you finally decide
    There's nowhere to hide
    And really no reason why

Strong is your body
    Strong are your bones
    Strong as your bloody lie is uncovered

I agree with Betty on this. Real freedom is the freedom to think.