Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Property is theft

Default Property is theft

If slavery is murder (see my previous thread), then property is theft. For one to claim natural objects, such as land, as their own, is the same as someone claiming a human being's life as their own. Property is valued so much in our society, but I think it's a result of bourgeois arrogance. No human as the right to control land.

How woudl you propose to run society? Land needs to be owned. You're living in some dream world that will never and should never exisist.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

Or perhaps your imagination isn't particularly creative?

Private property is an invention of capitalism, it simply didn't exist before. Why should it need to exist afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

It has exsisted since ancient times, time immorial, heck before that. 1066 in England and way before that. Property holdings go back to ancient times.

Imagination? You live in your fantasy world I'll live in the cold hard reality of how the world works.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

what? Tribal society certainly never had private property. The only form of private property in the feudal system, was that in which the King, as representative of God, was to own the entire collective private property of his ruling area, and give people responsibility to maintain it.

Private Property as we know and understand it, is relatively new.

It's over a thousand years old.

On the scale of modern civilization that's old. Of course on the scale of humna kind tribal society or the universe it's an earshot.

But yes it's over a thousand years old. Heck much older I'll look into it.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

Quote Originally Posted by SicN Twisted
    If slavery is murder (see my previous thread), then property is theft. For one to claim natural objects, such as land, as their own, is the same as someone claiming a human being's life as their own. Property is valued so much in our society, but I think it's a result of bourgeois arrogance. No human as the right to control land.
    land is the only thing with real value
    "I am the lizard king. I can do anything."
    -Jim Morrison

The System Has Failed

Quote Originally Posted by RXP
    It's over a thousand years old.

On the scale of modern civilization that's old. Of course on the scale of humna kind tribal society or the universe it's an earshot.

But yes it's over a thousand years old. Heck much older I'll look into it.
    Human tribal civilization isn't particularly old, 6000 years maximum I'd say. And the civilizations after it didn't have private property. As I said, feudalism for example.

Tribal! Do we live in a tribal society? Why do you think the need for private property evolved? It's part of the economy, which is an evloultion of human society.

It's been around for well over a thousand years which is a long time in human terms no matter what you say about tribes and what not. Heck I'm pretty sure the Ancient Egyption and those before them (forgot their names) used to have property, that was 3k years ago. As I said I'm gonna look this shit up cause i'm actually interested in it, I'll ask my Land Law prof who's a complete g33k he should ahve the answer.

It's ancient in it's origin. And we can't do without it. To think otherwise is crazy! But then why am I arguing with you two you're never gonna change your stance.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women

Yep just googled the egyptions I remembered correctly they did have private property and an early basis of proprietary rights.

That's 3k years ago.
    Vera Says:
    Masturbation > women