Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do you consider yourself a smart person?

Red face an apology

for bumping an old thread.

i know alot of you here are very smart and i respect that. i think i'm one stupid-girl to ever joined a band's forum. my intention wasn't to troll nor to pissed-off the fans, mods etc. i didn't mean to come off as an annoying/obnoxious little bitch! what is consider a smart person? someone that is wise in wisdom and a humble soul. i consider myself as a dumb-donut girl.

for the record:

rarely, i open-up about my privacy.

I think this forum has an abnormally high concentration of people who're deeply empathetic, critically thinking, and all-around linguistically gifted. Many appear to be everyman 20-somethings who seem to be exceedingly qualified for jobs dealing with people and their welfare (maybe something political?) due to a strong moral compass.

Of course, I'm talking about the people whose posts are actually worth reading. The fact that we have a dozen or so of these folks gathered on the message boards of a semi-defunct pop-punk band is pretty puzzling. A couple of people have posted about the way they think being sculpted by others on the BBS, and I think it's remarkable how this style has been copied by others aspiring to improve their bank of knowledge and the means necessary to become just "better". It's something I've noticed is somewhat lacking on most other forums I've been to.

I guess we're all just a bunch of slacker liberal fags.

Omni, that was the best post I've read in ages. I love it when other people so clearly get that something a bit special exists here.

Dulce, I'm going to try really hard not to be a dick to you in the future.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

it's extremely intimidating to be surrounded by smart folks in a room. because i'm the only one with a no-brainer.

PiB, it's all good!

It's funny that I was the one to start this thread, four years ago.

Well, maybe it's not 'ha-ha' funny.

Richard, I don't know that there's much special about the BBS these days, unfortunately. But I remember being strongly affected by some of the characters that here when I was still in high school. Hard to think that that's more than eight years ago now and I still come here. It definitely was a particular place for quite a while.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Overall not really. There are a few things I believe I'm smart at but not enough to say I'm a smart person

I actually just went back and read the whole thread. Me likey it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
    i don't generally consider myself any smarter than those i surround myself with. however that may be more of a statement about the company i keep than anything else.
    That sounds like one of those great quotes that end up being timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    There's musical intellegence, situational intellegence, alot of this sort of thing. So I can't be bothered going into them all.
    There's probably even "spelling intelligence", but you can't be bothered going into them all.

I hope Ciaran actually sees this at some point.

So it appears I never posted in this thread. I'm above average. I think I was in the top 10% of my high school and I put in no effort whatsoever. But I really don't need anything like that to know I'm above average. My flaws, however, entirely outweigh any benefit I might receive from having above average intelligence. I can't do anything with it at all. I can't really function in normal society. The only thing my above average intelligence gets me, I suppose, is the ability to mask how fucked up I am and convince people who don't look too closely that I'm very intelligent instead of merely above average.

I also think I learn new things quite slowly. Give me a month and I'll probably be better at any random task than the majority of people, but go back three weeks and you'll see me struggling at the back.

And I feel like I'm already past my prime. I feel like my acuity is already not what it was in my early twenties.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks