Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Sziget 09 - meet up and media thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Sh*t, it's not that close, but also it's not that far....hmmmm
    I went to Hradec Kralov from Budapest last year for rock for ppl :P Cmon dude =)

Oxygene I need some help. I am going, at least to this one. I need to knwo the exact day they're playing and ticket price for their day. I need to know too how much distance is of the airport to the town and how far away is the festival to the town so i can think where to stay.
    Last edited by Tijs; 03-27-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

I love the Prodigy!! This is not in California is it??? If not then Ah shit!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I just love a man who touches his hair like this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules69 View Post
    I love the Prodigy!! This is not in California is it??? If not then Ah shit!!!
    California - no not really

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    Oxygene I need some help. I am going, at least to this one. I need to knwo the exact day they're playing and ticket price for their day. I need to know too how much distance is of the airport to the town and how far away is the festival to the town so i can think where to stay.
    I don't know the exact date. The airport isn't very close to downtown but it isn't far away, you can prebook an airport shuttle for like 8-10 EUR which is probably the best option, you can take public transportation from the airpot, a bus takes you to one of the metros and that feeds you in downtown. If there is no traffic down town is 10-15 minute drive, if there is heavy traffic it can be quite painful. The festival itself is very accesible from downtown budapest, a local train goes all the way to the entrance - kinda like an above ground metro. There is also a very cool way, you can take a boat that launches not far from the parliament for like 1 or 2 EUR, and it takes about 15 minutes to reach the festival. The good part about that is that there is no waiting. Also you can take a cab, the advantage of that is that the City Taxi can go all the way into the festival grounds and if you call them on the phone they won't rip you off. You can stay pretty much where ever you want down town, just try to get a place walking distance from a metro or local train (HEV) stop. More info in the first post though!
    Last edited by Oxygene; 03-28-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I don't know the exact date. The airport isn't very close to downtown but it isn't far away, you can prebook an airport shuttle for like 8-10 EUR which is probably the best option, you can take public transportation from the airpot, a bus takes you to one of the metros and that feeds you in downtown. If there is no traffic down town is 10-15 minute drive, if there is heavy traffic it can be quite painful. The festival itself is very accesible from downtown budapest, a local train goes all the way to the entrance - kinda like an above ground metro. There is also a very cool way, you can take a boat that launches not far from the parliament for like 1 or 2 EUR, and it takes about 15 minutes to reach the festival. The good part about that is that there is no waiting. Also you can take a cab, the advantage of that is that the City Taxi can go all the way into the festival grounds and if you call them on the phone they won't rip you off. You can stay pretty much where ever you want down town.
    Okay! Seems okay. I would like to meet with you all since I'm going alone. Hope's not a problem! Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 03-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Ha lesz, garantáltan ott leszek!!!!! (H, bármi meglepő ) De egyébként ezt honnan lehet így tudni? Mármint, meg volt említve valahol, vagy mi? Mert myvip Offspring klubban volt olyan hogy VOLT fesztiválra lehetett szavazni hogy ki jöjjön, ez most az alapján van??
    Come to the dark side...We have cookies!

Are euros like dollars??

Are euros like dollars??

Quote Originally Posted by Jules69 View Post
    Are euros like dollars??
    Dollars are worth less, so it's a bit more dollars than euros.