Thread: THE NIGHTMARES new rock n roll from Toronto, Canada

Exclamation THE NIGHTMARES new rock n roll from Toronto, Canada

THE NIGHTMARES are a really powerful in your face rock n roll band from Toronto, Canada.

They're live show will knock you off your feet, and their music translates great to recordings. They're brand new independently released EP is available on their myspace.

www.myspace.com/thenightmaresmusic

just a note: I was careful to read the forum rules, this isn't my band, but they are my very good friends, so this is allowed : )

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Wow, a member who actually reads the rules. AND carefully. Please stay?

I'm not the hugest fan of the singer's voice, but the music rocks. High energy. I was going to comment on how they must have been together for a while, because they have a very definite style, but I would have been wrong. Heh, they formed in "the early months of 2009"? It's only March now. Overall, a positive experience.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I'm glad you like parts of it! Maybe pass it on to people who may also enjoy?

I'll give you credit, the project has been in the works for over a year with two of the guys, the whole band formed "officially" more recently.

You have to be careful these days with forum rules, some mods can be super picky.

They fucking rock! I'm not much into 80's hair-rock vocals, but they bring some retro-feeling which adds to the sound. Instrumentally it's flawless to my ear. Ever heard about Backyard Babies? Well, you should because it's the first band that came to my mind when I've started to listen The Nightmares.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

I also think that it rocks. The (sound) quality is flawless, the music rocks as it's very energetic. I don't really like the style of the vocals, but they really fit on "You're Too Late", which I like best after first listening. In general, I find this music very nice and vigorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I've passed it on to the guys, they really appreciate your compliments and constructive criticism.

I found the vocals kind of strange at first, but they really grew on me over multiple listenings and I found that they really work. But it's not really a debatable thing so much as a personal taste thing.

Free? I've heard of the Backyard Babies but don't really remember what they sound like, I'll get on that soon! I hope it's a good thing.

Cheers guys.