Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Obama haters

Well Fox will give any right-wing nutjob with a very angry, uniformed opinion a platform from which to shout it. The only concievable, terrible argument I could see catching fire is another terrorist attack being blamed on Obama's very slightly different stance on some Middle East policy. Towards the end, when they had nothing good to say about him, the right-wing's talking point was "atleast Bush kept us safe." I saw Hannity spin the whole affront to civil rights/patriot act BS as "I'm happy he took some rights away to keep me safe." I saw O'Reilly excuse the whole second term as "Well I have my problems with the first term, but atleast he kept us safe."

Personally, I feel that having civil liberties means you can expect a terrorist attack now and again. Its a having your cake and eating it too not happenening kind of deal. And I say that's fine, I'd willingly lay down my false sense of security for real, tangible civil liberties. But dammit, if there's another serious attack, expect the whole conservative machine to drive that point home again and again and again and again. You can toss up economic, environmental, monetary, energy, and any other type of policy to be a more or less even split when its all said and done. But the kind of fear-mongering and terrorist/media induced ferver that would result could send this guy completely out of office.

And I also feel that like it or not, we've made a commitment to current policies and a regime change in four years, and the resulting re-back-tracking in policy leaves billions, if not trillions of dollars wasted, not to mention years of wasted time, and we're kind of in an all-in do-or-die moment here.

...what was the original topic again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    "Well I have my problems with the first term, but atleast he kept us safe."
    Yeah those dudes leaping to their death from the burning twin towers looked like they were being kept pretty safe.. I'm sure they felt totally safe jumping to their doom.

Thank you govenor bush

Thumbs up

I think that Obama is very Cahrismatic............And I think he wants the best for his country.......
    YoUr LiPs Of CyAnIdE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think Obama works for the Jews. Just like Hollywood.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    Yeah those dudes leaping to their death from the burning twin towers looked like they were being kept pretty safe.. I'm sure they felt totally safe jumping to their doom.

Thank you govenor bush
    And I'm sure the soldiers on the USS Cole felt safe with Clinton in office.

Thumbs up

the doctor said my mom should have had an abortion

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    I think Obama works for the Jews. Just like Hollywood.
    amen.........

Quote Originally Posted by TakesMeNowhere28 View Post
    And I'm sure the soldiers on the USS Cole felt safe with Clinton in office.
    Yeah, 'cause rushjimbo and bill o jackoff said Clittin' made them safe... right?

SAFE? the biggest attack EVER on american soil took place under his watch.
    DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WORD SAFE MEANS?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post

If you're rich, his views on taxes.
    Sheer perfection, ilovellamas! As far as taxes go, i don't think anyone could be angering as many people as my state's (NY) governor David Patterson, an "Obesity tax" that taxes all non-diet sodas? WTF! and most diet sodas are more dangerous because instead of actual sugar they use artificial sweetners which contain the cancer-causing chemical aspartame! so we're trading a few calories for a friggin tumor

obesity tax?

wtf yeah, diet shit is even worse for your health