Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dexter Holland A Question

My questions:

1 - Are there any plans of releasing a DVD after the touring for RAFRAG is done that will include a full show (and maybe the videos for this record)?

2 - Are there studio outtakes from RAFRAG. If so, any plans of releasing them?
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Keep asking questions please, instead of conversations
    * !

Oh my god, incomming!
    I'm so nervous.

Hey Guys,

I see a lot of questions, I'll try to answer some of them here, there's a lot to go thru...

Session: Yes, that's Ron screaming at the beginning. We had done a lot of takes to get that one right, and everyone was sorta frustrated. Ron's yell was caught by the drum mics and we just thought it was cool so we kept it.

Before we were signed, we demo'd four songs on a cassette and sent it to Epitaph. They told us that Session was the song that convinced them to sign us.

Thank you so much for the answers.

And sorry to Oxygene, cause I didn't believed you. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    Hey Guys,

I see a lot of questions, I'll try to answer some of them here, there's a lot to go thru...

Session: Yes, that's Ron screaming at the beginning. We had done a lot of takes to get that one right, and everyone was sorta frustrated. Ron's yell was caught by the drum mics and we just thought it was cool so we kept it.

Before we were signed, we demo'd four songs on a cassette and sent it to Epitaph. They told us that Session was the song that convinced them to sign us.
    Wow and I always thought/imagined that it was Ron screaming at the beginning of session, cause for me it had to be the drummer doing that part! Thanks a lot for answering the questions Dex, maybe I'll try and think of an intelligent question to ask ...
    I'd still like to know what Half-truism is about though . I love it , it's one of my favourite offspring songs, but I'm not sure what it's about, and what made you write it? what inspired you? I don't know if you answered this somewhere else...

ok, just ran across Oxygene's questions...

mmm that's a lot! why don't you just ask us when you see us?

Really though, Americana came out fast cause we just had a lot of ideas that came together quickly. Sometimes it works like that. Our last album took longer because we were trying out a lot of songs, and a lot of new things, and it took longer to make it the way we wanted it.

No, we're not calling it quits anytime soon.

A lot of stations in the U.S. have started playing Half-Truism and we think it's great that it's gotten enough of a reaction that it looks like it will be the next song that the radio plays.

We actually did a video for Stuff Is Messed Up recently, but I guess that will have to wait for now...

Quote Originally Posted by dexter holland View Post

no, we're not calling it quits anytime soon.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

edit: we wanna see that video....
    Last edited by Rutegard; 05-07-2009 at 01:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Thanks for the answers Dexter. I do have a question: The guy on the snowmobile in the Americana VHS/DVD. Is it really Noodles?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

How are things going in France? because although I don't listen to the radio much (they always have come out and play, and self esteem on, and pretty fly) but I haven't heard any of the recent offspring songs on the radio in france.

Do you know any French radio that does put on rafrag songs? (anyone?) or is it just internet radios? And is there any French radio that might be organising small-private concerts such as you did in Greensboro?

I'm from south of france, and I was wondering, are all your concerts gonna be in Paris and up north, or will you come to the south? It's kinda hard going up to paris for all the good concerts, and that's the main reason why I've never been to see you guys, even if I'm a fan since 1994