Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dexter Holland A Question

fair enough this seems to be the place to ask, was waiting to see what was going to happen with all that,

I've been curious, from all the places that you've played and all the shows that you've played, what do you most look forward to with concerts these days and what, if anything, do you look forward to when playing? (ie crowd singing along, big mosh pit, etc).

If this is for Dexter will you ever come to Toowoomba, Queensland in Australia all your concerts MILLION MILES AWAY?:)

I've got one question also: Dexter, was Tehran demo cassette released in 1987 or 1988? And will it ever be released on a B-sides or rarities album?

Did you read "Catcher in the rye"?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    Did you read "Catcher in the rye"?
    I would imagine so, otherwise where would 'Holden Caulfield' come from in Get It Right. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't/isn't the book required reading material in schools in the States.

Off topic: Did you know that Mark Chapman was obsessed with the book when he killed John Lennon?

http://www.lennon-chapman.com/books.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    No, we're not calling it quits anytime soon.
    See you on the road!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly question
    Who is the craziest in the band?

Concert questions
    What is your favorite country to play?
    What was the funniest thing someone in the band had done during a concert or during a tour? - This one I really would like to know

About your journal, are we nice enough yet?

Whoa, thanks for answering us, Dexter!

- yes, there were outtakes from RFRG. I think I said before, we demo'd about 25 songs. There were a couple that we really liked, but just didn't come together for this record. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid? Demo #16. Hammerhead...demo #18. #1? Nothingtown.
    What about Pass Me By?

Hey Dexter, when you are writing material for a new record, where do you look for inspiration?

I have questions too:

Dexter

1) How come Ixnay on the Hombre and Americana got released so close to each other? Only a year and a half passed between the two releases. After how much time it took to come release Rise and Fall Rage and Grace (not that it wasn't worth the wait), it really makes me curious as to how that could've been pulled off?

2) Aside from your recent activity in the past few weeks, you guys haven't been that active online - in fact strangely enough I remember you being more active during the end of the 90's and when Noodles started posting here a lot for a while. But like I said aside from the past few weeks you've been pretty much inactive. I know some of the negativity bothered you guys somewhat, but it's basically all gone.. (and what isn't will be stamped out by our good mods) is there any chance you guys will get back to those good old habits, or is it more like it was new and fun - and as many do you've just grown out of chatting on the Interwebz?

3) Would you ever consider releasing the instrumental versions of your albums in high quality - or better yet tracks in garageband version like NIN did? I really think that would be awesome, the instrumental tracks you have done in the past were few and the quality wasn't that great. Plus if they were put out for free I think it would help promote the band without hurting sales, and give us some fun stuff to get creative with
    I think some of your hard core fans would really enjoy it. I know I would.

4) If you guys ever do end up calling it quits, you'll announce it well ahead and do a proper farewell world tour right? It's not like you're too likely to suddenly break up because of a fight or creative differences... Have you ever thought about the end - what comes to mind?

5) If Half-Truism is really the fourth single - why was that song chosen? The song holds a special place in my heart and I think it's one of the best decisions ever to release it as a single. It would be nice to know what made you choose that song.

6) Take a guess: do you think The Offspring will ever get introduced into the rock and roll hall of fame? You'll soon be eligible! If so - what would that mean to you?

7) Have you though about doing any club shows in 09? If so what are the chances of that materializing and when and where?

8) I remember you saying we won't have to wait as long for the next album as we did for Rise and Fall Rage and Grace, so what are the ball park plans for the release of a new album, if you at all know?

9) If you ever do release a proper live album, is there a chance that you'll record some songs that are rarely/never played live perhaps during a longer than usual encore or something? Obviously ever song you've ever recorded would be requested as such, but there are a few pretty powerful songs you guys haven't played live at all or very rarely if ever, and I think would go over really well and spice up a live album - DUI, No Brakes etc.. Kill the President anyone? =)

Dexter Holland: What pisses you off? What makes you happy? What makes you sad? & What makes you sexy? Gracias. - MC
    Last edited by Maria Cortez; 05-11-2009 at 07:06 PM.