Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dexter Holland A Question

So many questions! Well, thanks for asking, grasshoppers...I appreciate that you are all so keen to glean any info from us that you can!

Let me just address the last few posts...

Yes I have had Gringo on pizza...I highly recommend it. You know what else? Mix it with ranch. Spicy ranch, it's great.

Working with Bob Rock has been the best experience that we have had in the studio. Bob is obviously a great producer, but beyond that Bob and we get along and sort of see the record making process similarly..the songs sometimes take a little longer to finish but the end result is far better for taking the time and is something we're very proud of.

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..we're going to try to get something new finished and ready to play live on tour this summer..we'll keep you posted!

Yes, I do sing high, and you know what, it hurts! What are you gonna do though, you gotta sing with cajones if you're gonna do it. The secret to keeping your voice? Ricola cough drops...

Well that's exciting, I may actually have to try this spicy ranch idea.

Cheers for the update Dexter!

Definitely going to try the ranch idea: i just ran out of gringo bandito, guess i'll have to put in another order
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I have a question

How is it possible to remember that much chords progressions and lyrics and make 'no' mistake ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows!
    Oh my.. hope this doesn't turn out into another 'Pass me By'!

Thanks for the answers!
    * !

hey dex... are you considering to expand the business of the hot souce to other places? like south america for example. or it's not a priority?

Yes I have had Gringo on pizza...I highly recommend it. You know what else? Mix it with ranch. Spicy ranch, it's great.
    Yes, it's great !

Which are your first sensations of the new album recording?
    Last edited by Castormut; 05-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Hey, Dexter! Great to see you here. Cheers for the reply.

Dexter, do you plan on distributing Gringo Bandito internationally? Maybe to, hmmm, say... South America?

Who came up with the Gringo Bandito artwork, you wearing mexican outfits holding guns, and what exactly does that mean? Or was it just spontaneous?

Working with Bob Rock has been the best experience that we have had in the studio. Bob is obviously a great producer, but beyond that Bob and we get along and sort of see the record making process similarly..the songs sometimes take a little longer to finish but the end result is far better for taking the time and is something we're very proud of.

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..we're going to try to get something new finished and ready to play live on tour this summer..we'll keep you posted!

Yes, I do sing high, and you know what, it hurts! What are you gonna do though, you gotta sing with cajones if you're gonna do it. The secret to keeping your voice? Ricola cough drops...
    sounds great thanks for the update dexter

Thanks for the reply Dexter!

One question...have you guys messed around with any covers like you did with Ring Of Fire during the Splinter sessions?
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.