Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dexter Holland A Question

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    The secret to keeping your voice? Ricola cough drops...
    Holy freak, Dex! I had heard that Michael Jackson would drop a bunch of Ricola into some hot water and drink it so the day of my band's first gig last month, I went on a mad dash for some, but couldn't find them ANYWHERE. Anyway, this must be some industry secret that I had no idea about.

And for the record, pineapple juice also works beautifully.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
    In one album you say that the Shit Is Fucked Up. And in the other you say that It's All Good... o.O"
    i was thinking the same thing maybe the songs on this album will be more positive

have you ever had the chance to fly a military plane? (As co-pilot course)
    and breaking the sound barrier?

ah, and if true than you have a L-39...
    where i can see some video of you doing some acrobatics with your L-39?

So many questions! Well, thanks for asking, grasshoppers...I appreciate that you are all so keen to glean any info from us that you can!

Let me just address the last few posts...

Yes I have had Gringo on pizza...I highly recommend it. You know what else? Mix it with ranch. Spicy ranch, it's great.

Working with Bob Rock has been the best experience that we have had in the studio. Bob is obviously a great producer, but beyond that Bob and we get along and sort of see the record making process similarly..the songs sometimes take a little longer to finish but the end result is far better for taking the time and is something we're very proud of.

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..we're going to try to get something new finished and ready to play live on tour this summer..we'll keep you posted!

Yes, I do sing high, and you know what, it hurts! What are you gonna do though, you gotta sing with cajones if you're gonna do it. The secret to keeping your voice? Ricola cough drops...
    I need to start checking this section of the forum more often from now on. I've kind of abandoned it, and then this happens. Thanks for the news update, Dexter! Take as much time (still, not too much though, people are impatient ) as you need to finish the songs, as long as they're as good as always.

Does anyone else here think "It's All Good" sounds like a title for a ska song??

Dexter, why will you not write parts for Greg to show off his 1337 Haxxor
    bass skills? I mean sure there's some nice riffs but you need something as awesome as the breakdown on "Have You Ever", with some emphasis hahaha...

Also for Dexter, when you're writing do you ever just take a random thought or funny idea and shape a song around it? I know you'll take life experiences sometimes. I just wondered where you get the rest....

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker92 View Post
    Does anyone else here think "It's All Good" sounds like a title for a ska song??
    No, it's just you.
    I hate it if people try to make out the style of a song out of the songtitle. So senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    i was thinking the same thing maybe the songs on this album will be more positive
    One of my all-time favorite song is It's All Good by Cold.But it this song<vocalist sing "But it was all good" and so on in minor key.So,it's shouldn't necessary be positive.

But it could be more ironic too. Maybe the same meaning like "Stuff is messed up" or a romantic song. Like Dexter said: "Who knows."

So many questions! Well, thanks for asking, grasshoppers...I appreciate that you are all so keen to glean any info from us that you can!

Let me just address the last few posts...

Yes I have had Gringo on pizza...I highly recommend it. You know what else? Mix it with ranch. Spicy ranch, it's great.

Working with Bob Rock has been the best experience that we have had in the studio. Bob is obviously a great producer, but beyond that Bob and we get along and sort of see the record making process similarly..the songs sometimes take a little longer to finish but the end result is far better for taking the time and is something we're very proud of.

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..we're going to try to get something new finished and ready to play live on tour this summer..we'll keep you posted!

Yes, I do sing high, and you know what, it hurts! What are you gonna do though, you gotta sing with cajones if you're gonna do it. The secret to keeping your voice? Ricola cough drops...
    Wow, thanks for answering my and the other guys' questions!
    And thanks for keeping us informed about the further recording process!

ps: Be sure to add Europe to iGustavo's Gringo Bandito world sales expansion tour!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Default Dexterrr!!

What is your favourite song (Offspring's, of course)?