Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dexter Holland A Question

Cool

Cool, always nice to hear something about the new record. It's All Good would make a good title, hopefully it makes it to the album.

I wonder if It's All Good is gonna be like it sounds, or maybe more like what they've done in the past.

That is, sarcasm. Like, you cheated on me, or the government screwed up again, or our society's all wack, but it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    Yes, I do sing high, and you know what, it hurts! What are you gonna do though, you gotta sing with cajones if you're gonna do it. The secret to keeping your voice? Ricola cough drops...
    Dexter! I think that I have a solution for your problem! i always wanted to cover your songs, and - it's pretty fucked up! You always sing very, very high, and powerful.. So my voice was in pretty bad shape, (because I've hurt myself), but I found one guy on the internet, from Nashville, and he revolutionized singing! His name is Brett Manning, and he has a pretty nice program of singing - EVERY student that he trained has been satisfied, and the thing is that he teaches everyone to sing at least - 5 octaves!
    I'm practicing right now with his program, and I'm doing pretty well! In fact, soon I'll be able to get myself a - Offspring tribute band, as I always wanted/dreamed of.
    So the thing is that everyone can sing any song in any key they want! I'm pretty sure that you will be singing whiteout hurting yourself.
    Here's a sample of Brett Manning's range:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeYPg6AccI

And here's a sample of his student voice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwa9DCaxGSw (pay attention on the high notes at the end)

I'm sorry if I bothered everyone here, I didn't wanted to advertise nobody, and I hope that people will NOT attack me, but Dexter, I just wanted to help you out if you feel pain while singing man. I wish you the best.
    Last edited by offsrx; 05-19-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3uC0jB_0g - This is a rare Offspring live video on HIT MACHINE 1999 - TKAA live. Check it Out

Quote Originally Posted by offsrx View Post
    pretty nice program of singing
    Auto tune?

But I do have a question for Dexter:

How many hours per week (especially now that you're working in the studio" do you work as a "full-time musician"?
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Default The band

Dexter.. this is my question.. Do you and Noodles and Greg K hang around a lot when not working or recording??

Got one for you, Dexter.

Will there be, at any time in the near future, a DVD of some an Offspring concert available? I've never actually been to one (but I'm hoping to be at the June 23rd concert in Vancouver this year!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazinsal View Post
    Got one for you, Dexter.

Will there be, at any time in the near future, a DVD of some an Offspring concert available? I've never actually been to one (but I'm hoping to be at the June 23rd concert in Vancouver this year!)
    yeah, this is something you lack as a band...a nice career-spanning LIVE dvd...think about it!
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

would you ever be interested in writing a autobiography

Dexter, thanks for change my life.

Hi Dexter,

When you're playing fairly old songs live, do they kind of lose their meaning because you've played them so often?
    How do you avoid this (if it happens)?

Cheers.