Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dexter Holland A Question

Hey Dex,

Don't know if you know much about this, but the video game company SEGA just recently announced that Crazy Taxi would be soon put up on Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade and Sony's PlayStation Network for digital download...and the original soundtrack (two Bad Religion songs and All I Want and Way Down The Line from Ixnay), were cut from the game, an issue that SEGA representatives said was avoided because of contract renewals and a lengthy process...my question is, how hard would that process have actually been, and would you have consented to having those two songs, and possibly more being in the game?
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

Camilamazed Guest

Dear Dexter,

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by asking you this, but I'd really like to talk about it. If there's something I'm completely afraid of is death; however, "Gone Away" and "The end of the line" are in the top of my favorite songs.

What I would like to know is if the two songs are related to each other. It seems to me that the pain inflicted in the song is not because a beloved someone is gone, it's the circumstance that makes the mourning worse than it already is. I might be wrong but to me the guilty feeling in both lyrics is the main subject, which makes them so deep and painful.

I confess that there isn't a single day I don't think about losing someone I love without saying sorry for my mistakes or without telling them how much they are important to me. For example, I panic every time I think that someday I won't have my parents by my side. So I tell them how much I love them as much as I can, and regret all the things I said that hurt their feelings.

So, do the lyrics of the songs reflect something that you are afraid of happening? Losing someone without having the time to apologize or tell them how much you love them?

PS: Moderators. I am not asking if the song is about someone or whom it is about. I just want to know if they're related to each other and if I am on the right track about the lyrics. Please, don't delet my post. Thank you.

Hi, Dexter.

Since it's safe to assume the new album isn't too terribly far away (another full year at most, six months at least?), I wanted to ask a question about the future direction of the band, and the band in general. RaF,RaG did not sell very well. It was the lowest selling album since the debut in '89. Of course, everyone chalks this up to the state of the music industry, since RaF,RaG charted just as high as some of the platinum-selling albums, and it's singles fared better on a whole than on any album to date.

Does this mean that you'll start releasing more singles from records, or find other less conventional ways to get the music out to the public? There have never been five singles from an Offspring record, but it's certainly not unheard of. Have the relatively low sales (what, 225-250,000? Maybe a little more) from RaF,RaG caused any conflicts with Columbia?

Default Questions

I have a queston for Dexter. Are you or any of your bandmates visual artist? I bet you could really paint if you tried.

Do you really come online and answer as much questions as possible?

My question is directly for you, Dexter. Can you please play some older songs?

Surprise us!

PS: I like the cover and new song.

Muchos Gracias,

-Pay The Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PayTheMan1369 View Post
    Do you really come online and answer as much questions as possible?

My question is directly for you, Dexter. Can you please play some older songs?

Surprise us!

PS: I like the cover and new song.

Muchos Gracias,

-Pay The Man.
    Yeah, he has. It's also a generally accepted rule not to ask them to play certain songs at shows.

Hey Dexter! Just wondering when we can expect a studio version of the new song?

I have only one question for Dexter.

We know 'Kristy are you doing okay?' was about a girl you knew who was sexually abused as a child, and we also know her name was not actually Kristy, but rather it was a moniker to protect her identity. These are not points I am opening to the forum for debate, we have your word as proof. I can respect your wishes for her privacy, but since I first heard the song and was touched by the regret you portray through the lyrics, I have always wanted to know if you ever did find out how she is doing?

I'd like to think she's doing well. I hope she is. It's never to late to reach out, if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Yeah, he has. It's also a generally accepted rule not to ask them to play certain songs at shows.
    Ah, yes he has been?

So, in my case I must've broken a rule.

I've got a question for Dexter!!

Dexter, why are you so AWESOMEEE?????