Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things you notice about Offspring songs...

Default Little Things you notice about Offspring songs...

That are too insignificant to make a thread about. Post them.

-When The Kid's Aren't Alright is played live, and in the video, Ron would play eight notes during the part where he plays the ride cymbal. But you can clearly hear sixteenth notes being played on some kind of perfect sounding cymbal

-Greg K is slightly late on the first note in Gone Away (I wouldn't recommend checking this out if you don't want to ever so slightly ruin the song)

-At 1:13 in Self-Esteem, Ron does a fill in the first chorus that he doesn't do in any of the following choruses for some reason
    Last edited by bighead384; 03-11-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Heh, I was going to point out the last two you mentioned. I can't really think of any others...except for in Gotta Get Away, where, in between the first chorus and the verse that comes after it, Dexter says something (rather "screams" or "vocalizes). I think this is common knowledge, though.

Also, in What Happened to You?, you can hear someone talking before Ron clicks the sticks. That, too, is pretty obvious.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    That are too insignificant to make a thread about. Post them.

-When The Kid's Aren't Alright is played live, and in the video, Ron would play eight notes during the part where he plays the ride cymbal. But you can clearly hear sixteenth notes being played on some kind of perfect sounding cymbal...
    Don't know about Self esteem and Gone Away, But yes, you are right, I have been always vondering why Ron doesn't play sixteenth notes(or maybe is even 32) cymbal hit on Tkaa? That's why that song is so cool 2 me, but whatever...

Also, I always wondered about the drums in the verse of I Choose as well. Is that a hi-hat release? It sounds too perfect or something. Maybe they just looped it.
    Last edited by bighead384; 03-11-2009 at 08:43 PM.

I can't really hear the floor tom in Gotta Get Away.

Here are some i can think of:

1. In get it right noodles (or dexter) stuffs a chord at the end of the intro, just before dexter sings the first verse.(although you cant hear it unless you put a Karoke filter on the audio)

2.In gone away, the part when he screams just before the (yeahh ah yeahh part) , the scream wasnt recorded with a solid note, its actually over layed, if you dont understand, dexter recorded it twice and cut out parts to make it sound like he sung a full note.

And a little bit of trivia,

The hammerhead vocals we're recorded using the demo or "early mix" , you can tell by listening to the Acapella, at the 'whoo whoo part' you can hear the demo instrumental.
    CLASSIC HARDCORE SKATEPUNK; www.soundcloud.com/KILLAMEDIC

I'm pretty sure a lot of you already noticed this, but in Bad Habit right before Dexter starts singing, you can hear his mouth opening. I never fail to notice it .

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Dammit. I had a few of these in my mind a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't feel like reviving the thread. I know one was that cool unidentified sound at 2:15 in "Not the One". It's only in the right ear, so I assume it's something from one of the guys' guitars.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Dammit. I had a few of these in my mind a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't feel like reviving the thread. I know one was that cool unidentified sound at 2:15 in "Not the One". It's only in the right ear, so I assume it's something from one of the guys' guitars.
    I don't even have to go back and play it, I know what you're talking about. It always sounded like the beep sound a car makes to me.

I think there's some kind of effect on the beginning riff of Leave It Behind. Or is that just me?