Thread: The Ultimate Offspring Concert Experience

Lightbulb The Ultimate Offspring Concert Experience

Not to be confused with that 3D Jonas Brothers crap.
    Hopefully Dexter will read this thread and get some new ideas out of it.

If you could manage the ultimate offspring concert, what would it be like? Not just your dream setlist, but everything that would be involved with the event.

For me, it would start with everything dark in a huge stadium. Then the lights would flash on a giant offspring CO1 skull in the background, and the band would run out and break into Come Out Swinging (amazing opening song IMO).
    Then the setlist would proceed as follows.
    2. Half Truism
    3. Cant Repeat
    4. Bad Habit
    5. Staring at the Sun
    6. Come out and Play

Then Dexter would disappear from stage while Noodles entertained the crowd with solos and showed off his guitar skills. Dexter would then fly in from overhead on a hang glider, thus beginning Why Dont You Get A Job?, which the crowd would sing along with.

8. Stuff is Messed Up
    9. YGGFK
    10. Hammerhead
    11. Blackball
    12. Dirty Magic
    13. The End Of the Line
    14. Change the World
    15. Mota
    --Intermission, and it damn well better have the fat guy--
    16. All I Want
    17. Kick him When hes Down
    18. Americana
    19. Gotta Get Away
    20. Gone Away
    21. Self Esteem
    22. Out on Patrol
    23. Trust In You

The band would then begin to play Pretty Fly, but then Noodles would intervene, saying, "Oh wait, nobody wants to hear that."
    Then Dexter agrees and they play The Kids Arent Alright instead.

The concert appears to be over, and the band starts to walk away, but at the last second Dex turns around and says "Wait, I think we forgot something." At this time, the band starts playing Lightning Rod and the crowd just goes absolutely nuts.
    Last edited by B-Rad; 05-09-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post

If you could manage the ultimate offspring concert, what would it be like? Not just your dream setlist, but everything that would be involved with the event.

For me, it would start with everything dark in a huge stadium. Then the lights would flash on a giant offspring CO1 skull in the background, and the band would run out and break into Come Out Swinging (amazing opening song IMO).
    2. Half Truism
    3. Cant Repeat
    4. Bad Habit
    5. Staring at the Sun
    6. Come out and Play

Then Dexter would disappear from stage while Noodles entertained the crowd with solos and showed off his guitar skills. Dexter would then fly in from overhead on a hang glider, thus beginning Why Dont You Get A Job?, which the crowd would sing along with.

8. Stuff is Messed Up
    9. YGGFK
    10. Hammerhead
    11. Blackball
    12. Dirty Magic
    13. The End Of the Line
    14. Change the World
    15. Mota
    16. All I Want
    18. Americana
    19. Gotta Get Away
    20. Gone Away
    21. Self Esteem
    22. Out on Patrol
    23. Trust In You

The band would then begin to play Pretty Fly, but then Noodles would intervene, saying, "Oh wait, nobody wants to hear that."

The concert appears to be over, and the band starts to walk away, but at the last second Dex turns around and says "Wait, I think we forgot something." At this time, the band starts playing Lightning Rod and the crowd just goes absolutely nuts.
    dude there is a thread about this in TOUR SECTION.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

The post I think your referencing is just about the "perfect setlist."

The main point of this thread is to suggest things that would make the concert more interesting. Its about being creative, not listing your favorite songs (but I still couldn't stop myself from doing that :P)

2. Half Truism
    3. Cant Repeat
    4. Bad Habit
    5. Staring at the Sun
    6. Come out and Play

8. Stuff is Messed Up
    9. YGGFK
    10. Hammerhead
    11. Blackball
    12. Dirty Magic
    13. The End Of the Line
    14. Change the World
    15. Mota
    16. All I Want
    18. Americana
    19. Gotta Get Away
    20. Gone Away
    21. Self Esteem
    22. Out on Patrol
    23. Trust In You

Hey! "The Fat Guy" in Intermission He's called Danny Spada and during the show he is a tech guitar....
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTER View Post
    Hey! "The Fat Guy" in Intermission He's called Danny Spada and during the show he is a tech guitar....
    No he isn't.. he's called Donnie.

Hahah, now that would be awesome. ^^
    Ståle / Norway / (time to get back)
    joined 03-29-2008 with the account manic subsida.

My ultimate offspring concert experience would probably be the band playing at some barn with all the members of the BBS being there. The concert would include Out On Patrol, I'll Be Waiting and Kick Him When He's Down. They would play one or two covers(Green Day/Weezer or something similar) and aside from that, they would play their normal songs...
    ...and toss out guitar picks to the crowd, with offspring-ish artwork on it
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    My ultimate offspring concert experience would probably be the band playing at some barn with all the members of the BBS being there. The concert would include Out On Patrol, I'll Be Waiting and Kick Him When He's Down. They would play one or two covers(Green Day/Weezer or something similar) and aside from that, they would play their normal songs...
    Sounds fun, but why a barn?

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    The highlighted part is all I want. Don't care if it's in my backyard or in the middle of a deserted highway. Sounds perfect in every way.
    ::: DanceFuckerDance :::
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    It's funny because Shank wants to be railed by Dexter.