Double post but I don't care cuz Imma happy! Woo! =D
I fucking love you people!
One of my favorite things about the album is that it's so fresh. They are all old songs, but each and every of them is special and different from originals. It's like eating M&Ms with 13 different flavors. On some songs "the internet-recording" is noticeable, plus some songs being louder than the rest - all of that is called DIY and that's awesome!
1. Half-Truism. Holy fuck it's epic! Vocals changes give it even more anthemic vibe. The vocalists switch quite often so it's getting hard to tell when it's whose line. "Hey, that's Randy's voice", "Hey, that's Lost singin", "hey, that's llamas' "al[AI]ve", "Is it Becca's part?" FellDrake's instrumental is flawless. Very powerful start for an album!
2. Trust In You. So that's Raptor's buzzy guitar gives you a warning shot and after few seconds along with Karin's vocals song starts to attack your ears. ;] Backing vocals are great, post-chorus riff is explosive, the drums are kickin and the solo part is intense!
3. YGGFK. Stylie's guitar starts off and a second later we can hear princess llamas singing with a bag on her head. Naturally she sounds sad as always and asks to take the bag off. Lost supports her in choruses making me easier to hold my tears. How anyone can resist such cuteness?!
4. Hammerhead. It was the first cover. Infact this cover started the whole covering thing. So there are some offsyncs but I'm assuring you that after few listens you'll love them.
5.A Lot Like Me. Well, it's not a lot like A Lot Like Me. It's a perfect example of how songs should be covered. Dexter really should hear this. I love the way every instrument and vocal line are edited and blended.
6.Takes Me Nowhere. Hey, the buzzy guitar, Raptor is that you again? Yes that's him. And who's that happy voice? Don't tell me, it couldn't be... It's llamas got rid off the bag and now is singing her high "A"s pretty often. Shit I hear her voice from separate speakers. She's everywhere! Really good vox and editing here! Drums are good! A special recognition and congratulations to Brianna for her first happy song eva.
7.Kristy. Hey, that's Tim rocking the stage now. This cover tells you: "If you're not familiar with Static Martyr you've missed a lot mate". Tim did a lot of work on this album, like half of drums and bass lines, so finally he gets his own song to perform.
8. Nothingtown. Very charmy and lovely. Along with brothadave's cover Lost and Ryder did a wonderful relaxing version of Nothingtown which is a great chill song. Fits in album very nice.
9. Stuff Is Messed Up. Cuute drums. Lovely guitar (which is quite different from original)<3. What a vocals! Lilly did amazing job, Tim's nitro-part was pure win . Overall this is one of my favorites, you've made a really cocky cover of a really cocky song! This cover is also kinda jammy and funky <3. Another example of great covermaking!
10. Fix You. Amazing. :O Nuff said.
11. Rock Bottom. This cover is probably the closest sounding to original. Like really. Drums are great, Randy pulls off nice vocals, guitar is damn good as well. Verry close to the original.
12. Rise And Fall. Superdope's sludgy guitar is very different from what we're used to hear in the original RAF, bass is kinda a bit too loud, vocals are jazzy, but my favorite part is the solo! Fuck <3 <3 <3 Fuckenfuck! "And I don't want to say, you've lost controooool!" Woo! =D
13. O.C. Life. Like Rock Bottom, it's kicks off as a really close to the original song until elegant Karin's vocals bring the cover some different perspective to look from. Very solid. Also ironically the O.C. Life - cover fits the Forums' album much better than Offspring's O.C. Life fits RAFRAG. :P
To sum it up. This album has lots of stuff to dig. It's gonna grow on you with each time sounding better and better.
You guys did an amazing job. The project was epic by many means, it's been a great pleasure to hang around. The fact that we DID it shouldn't be overlooked (HA!, coneman ;P), seriously though, it took a lot more effort than you ppl imagine. I'm sure that project strengthened the community and made some of us know each other better. God, I'm awesome for starting that thread, Woo! =D
Karin, Tim, Randy, Kevin, Brianna, Lilly, Becca, Rok, Thomas, Patrick, Stale, Adriann, Markku and Marta, Gustavo, Tijs, Sofie, Bella, Pete , I feel proud and honored to do something together with you guys! <3
Dexter and the team, you guys totally have to listen to this stuff!
P.S.: Be sure to check the booklet as it has tons of work as well and hopefully artworks will make you know better RAFRAG songs.
Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?