Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forums - Rise and Fall,Rage and Grace: Covered By Us

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Ohhh, Ixnay's next? I call Disclaimer, The Meaning of Life, Mota, Me and My Old Lady, Cool to Hate, Leave it Behind, Gone Away, I Choose, Intermission, All I Want, Way Down the Line, Don't Pick it Up, and either Amazed or Change the World. Maybe both.

Also, I'm just realizing that I'm the first person you hear on this album.
    <3<3<3

Well see ... me and kev already started Amazed an eternity ago. I don't know about the other songs. There's no thread to keep track yet. We'll see how it goes Randy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I'm listening to it for the first time now and so far. Half-Truism is awesome. The multi-vocal parts are... incredibly awesome. Extra props to Randy, great vocals!
    * !

I have been waiting for this
    I will check it out tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

i'm down for a fight cuz pay the man is MINE
    and my new guitar will sound better its already got stock
    # INF3 humbucker neck pickup
    # INFS3 single coil mid pickup
    # INF4 humbucker bridge pickup
    and i plan on buying some dimarzio pickups and changing them
    and now that i think about it someone else can have tkaa cuz i can't do the intro
    But AllIn All it's still not time to discuss it cuz it seems far away
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

Default Double post but I don't care cuz Imma happy! Woo! =D

I fucking love you people!

One of my favorite things about the album is that it's so fresh. They are all old songs, but each and every of them is special and different from originals. It's like eating M&Ms with 13 different flavors. On some songs "the internet-recording" is noticeable, plus some songs being louder than the rest - all of that is called DIY and that's awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Half-Truism. Holy fuck it's epic! Vocals changes give it even more anthemic vibe. The vocalists switch quite often so it's getting hard to tell when it's whose line. "Hey, that's Randy's voice", "Hey, that's Lost singin", "hey, that's llamas' "al[AI]ve", "Is it Becca's part?" FellDrake's instrumental is flawless. Very powerful start for an album!

2. Trust In You. So that's Raptor's buzzy guitar gives you a warning shot and after few seconds along with Karin's vocals song starts to attack your ears. ;] Backing vocals are great, post-chorus riff is explosive, the drums are kickin and the solo part is intense!

3. YGGFK. Stylie's guitar starts off and a second later we can hear princess llamas singing with a bag on her head. Naturally she sounds sad as always and asks to take the bag off. Lost supports her in choruses making me easier to hold my tears. How anyone can resist such cuteness?!

4. Hammerhead. It was the first cover. Infact this cover started the whole covering thing. So there are some offsyncs but I'm assuring you that after few listens you'll love them.

5.A Lot Like Me. Well, it's not a lot like A Lot Like Me. It's a perfect example of how songs should be covered. Dexter really should hear this. I love the way every instrument and vocal line are edited and blended.

6.Takes Me Nowhere. Hey, the buzzy guitar, Raptor is that you again? Yes that's him. And who's that happy voice? Don't tell me, it couldn't be... It's llamas got rid off the bag and now is singing her high "A"s pretty often. Shit I hear her voice from separate speakers. She's everywhere! Really good vox and editing here! Drums are good! A special recognition and congratulations to Brianna for her first happy song eva.

7.Kristy. Hey, that's Tim rocking the stage now. This cover tells you: "If you're not familiar with Static Martyr you've missed a lot mate". Tim did a lot of work on this album, like half of drums and bass lines, so finally he gets his own song to perform.

8. Nothingtown. Very charmy and lovely. Along with brothadave's cover Lost and Ryder did a wonderful relaxing version of Nothingtown which is a great chill song. Fits in album very nice.

9. Stuff Is Messed Up. Cuute drums. Lovely guitar (which is quite different from original)<3. What a vocals! Lilly did amazing job, Tim's nitro-part was pure win . Overall this is one of my favorites, you've made a really cocky cover of a really cocky song! This cover is also kinda jammy and funky <3. Another example of great covermaking!

10. Fix You. Amazing. :O Nuff said.

11. Rock Bottom. This cover is probably the closest sounding to original. Like really. Drums are great, Randy pulls off nice vocals, guitar is damn good as well. Verry close to the original.

12. Rise And Fall. Superdope's sludgy guitar is very different from what we're used to hear in the original RAF, bass is kinda a bit too loud, vocals are jazzy, but my favorite part is the solo! Fuck <3 <3 <3 Fuckenfuck! "And I don't want to say, you've lost controooool!" Woo! =D

13. O.C. Life. Like Rock Bottom, it's kicks off as a really close to the original song until elegant Karin's vocals bring the cover some different perspective to look from. Very solid. Also ironically the O.C. Life - cover fits the Forums' album much better than Offspring's O.C. Life fits RAFRAG. :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To sum it up. This album has lots of stuff to dig. It's gonna grow on you with each time sounding better and better.

You guys did an amazing job. The project was epic by many means, it's been a great pleasure to hang around. The fact that we DID it shouldn't be overlooked (HA!, coneman ;P), seriously though, it took a lot more effort than you ppl imagine. I'm sure that project strengthened the community and made some of us know each other better. God, I'm awesome for starting that thread, Woo! =D

Karin, Tim, Randy, Kevin, Brianna, Lilly, Becca, Rok, Thomas, Patrick, Stale, Adriann, Markku and Marta, Gustavo, Tijs, Sofie, Bella, Pete , I feel proud and honored to do something together with you guys! <3

Dexter and the team, you guys totally have to listen to this stuff!

P.S.: Be sure to check the booklet as it has tons of work as well and hopefully artworks will make you know better RAFRAG songs.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

My absolute favorite is Half-Truism. The way you guys share the singing part is incredibly mindblowing. I especially loved the girl's voice and singing (sorry, i don't know who you are but you have a really great voice)
    Come to the dark side...We have cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Karin, Tim, Randy, Kevin, Brianna, Lilly, Becca, Rok, Thomas, Patrick, Stale, Adriann, Markku and Marta, Gustavo, Tijs, Sofie, Bella, Pete , I feel proud and honored to do something together with you guys! <3
    Not to forget Andrei a.k.a. Free? for the great work on the booklet! Kudos also to you

Quote Originally Posted by Grimesy da Offspringfan View Post
    My absolute favorite is Half-Truism. The way you guys share the singing part is incredibly mindblowing. I especially loved the girl's voice and singing (sorry, i don't know who you are but you have a really great voice)
    There are many girls singin

Aww, Patrick is love! <3 ;P``
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Above Advanced Search (which is for pussies)

This album is gonna go multi-platinum!!!

You just need to find some better lyrics.

Who's the illliterate that wrote this?
    Listen to Britney Spears:

-Hit Me Baby One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I remember there had been three threads about it already. Use the search button.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The search button does let us down every now and then.

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom.. oh man.. Randy you're the star of the album.
    * !