Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All people should support autism

Default All people should support autism

Hey this is dexter12296566 and i think more people should support autism. I actually have high-performing autism called Asperger's Syndrome. It is rare in girls so it was unlikely 4 me 2 get it 4:5 people with autism are boys and autism is the largest growing mental illness in the U.S. there is a 1 in 166 chance that a child being born has autism. today 3,200,000 people have autism 2,400,000 are boys and 800,000 are girls. Only a few short years ago the chance of having autism was 1 in 1,000. Every one needs to work together and find what is causing it so we can put an end to it.

If those stats are correct that's somethin. From .1% to .6% you're saying? Scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

The reason the number of autism cases has risen recently is because the symptoms for diagnosis have changed. For example, before being autistic before meant that you had some sort of mental impairment, which is not true anymore. So the new diagnosis is much more lenient and includes more people, that is why numbers are increases dirastically.
    Tatyana <3

Live fast cause if you don't take it, you'll never make it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Sex is kinda like The Offspring. If you've never tried it, you'll ask yourself...what's so good about it? Once you do try it, you love it.

In Boston Legal there's an awesome character with Asperger's called Jerry Espinson. I suggest you check it out because it's great.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I used to work with Autistic kids in my school and my family even took one in for a few years. I don't remember what the reasoning was for that, although I'm assuming it had something to do with his mom being a fucking nutjob that shouldn't have been allowed to have ANY child, let alone a special needs one. She once took his glasses and refused to let him wear them anymore for at least a few weeks because when she looked through them, she couldn't see properly.

fun autism fact, apparently it is believed that both Einstein and Newton had Asperger's Syndrome
    Tatyana <3

Live fast cause if you don't take it, you'll never make it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Sex is kinda like The Offspring. If you've never tried it, you'll ask yourself...what's so good about it? Once you do try it, you love it.

Tatyana's right. The main reason why it's increasing so much is because of the change is symptoms for diagnosis.

I think that saying "supporting autism" sends the wrong message. Should be "supporting autism research"

Either way, I've known a few autistic people, and agree.
    "When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks... Alone."
    - Iron Maiden, "Fear Of The Dark"

I support autism.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

theres no way of funding something liek that
    it doesnt kill you
    its really no harm
    who cares

so what about n. korea tryin to threaten us?
    wheres my stimilus package?

There was a kid at my old school with autism. Im not sure what type it was, I assume you can get different types but yeah, its not nice. He didnt look like he was in any pain though or any suffering.
    ----------------------------

When the rain comes I sit home and pray,
    Make it all numb I wish it all away.

Join UK Fans Offspring Social Group HERE