Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Thread

Default Nightmare Thread

Do you have nightmares? What are some of your scariest or most memorable? Tell us all about it!

Easily my most frightening was one I had when I was around 8. I heard some people outside my bedroom, so I got up to see what was going on. When I opened my bedroom door, I was immediately grabbed by some angry dude and taken into the living room. I was forced onto my knees and immediately felt something cold and metallic on the back of my neck. I woke up pretty much as soon as it happened. At first I thought it was like a dogs nose or something, and it wasn't for like 4 years after I had the thing that I realized it was a gun. When I go visit my parents and sleep in my old room, I have trouble opening that door in the middle of the night.

Also, more funny nightmare to lighten the mood: I had one like a year ago where Jacob and the Man In Black from Lost were trying to kill me. They killed Hurley instead.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

I get sleep paralysis a lot, sometimes it goes along with a dream, sometimes I know it's sleep paralysis. Either way, it always terrifies me. I know exactly what it is and why it's caused and it still terrifies me. Every time I think 'this could be the time I don't escape'. I recently read a thread about it and a lot of people said that instead of focusing on moving one limb to break it (what I do), they find that changing their breathing pattern is much more effective. I'll have to remember that.

The only nightmares I have had recently involve me beating the shit out of this kid I know. I jolt awake, sweating and shit. I'm not sure why they scare me so much or get me so worked up. Well, I guess it's just because even conscious I sometimes think about him and it gets me fucking worked up.

I do have like, really weird half dreams sometimes. I woke up the other morning and thought everything in my room wanted me dead, like just random items. It wasn't really scary, because I knew I was just half asleep and that inanimate objects couldn't do anything. But it was still a little unnerving and took me a bit to fall back asleep. Then I woke up thinking the same thing the next day, I texted a friend and told her about it and told her that if I died, it was probably the fan, because it knew I knew. I do that shit all the time, like I'll wake up and just stare at my closet wondering what the fuck is going on and where I am. One night I woke up and thought there were just dozens of people standing around in my room.

I remember once when I was a child, jumping out of bed and running down two flights of stairs trying to find a light to turn on or someone who was awake. All I remember is that I dreamed about aliens.

Today I had a dream that I went the the grocery store and Pete Wentz was a sand which maker in the deli because being in Fall Out Boy just didn't pay the bills.

Man, dreams are weird. I have a lot more to say about them, but I feel like this is a big enough wall of text for now.
    I wrote a four word letter.

When you have that sleep paralysis, you can't move your limbs/head or even open your eyes?

I think I can usually blink, but I can;t move any of my limbs or my head or anything. The best way I have been able to get out of it so far is to focus really hard on moving one limb, usually an arm. If I just try to flail, I'll never get out of it.

Well, i have one especially memorable. Although strangely, that wasn't a nightmare you would want to escape from it. I actually enjoyed it a lot.

Anyway, i was in the middle ages, on a run from what i think was some evil king's guard. I was accompanied by a hot chick (i have a strong feeling that this chick might be the reason why i was on the run in the first place) and some other dude, a searvant or something. One morning i woke up in a small cottage, thick fog all around it. i went outside, and as fog was gradually disappearing i realised we were completely surrounded by the king's army. Now at this point it could turn really bad, we could easilly get captured, then tortured and have our heads sliced off. Instead, the dream took the most awesome turn possible. I started fighting, and after i was done there was hardly anybody left alive; those who did survive decided to join me. We went to a nearby church and tahe it as our stronghold, waiting for an inevitable battle (no doubt the evil king would send an even bigger army to confront us). While we were waiting i took care of some more knights that started conspiring against me...

And that's where the dream ended. Fuck! We would have won, i'm sure!

My brain don't torture me much, my lungs do it often during the night, anyway, I usually have a weird dreams, but they are seldom a nightmares, and when I'm in danger but I manage to rescue myself, they're the best dreams ever.

I often feel like there's no gravity in my dreams, sometimes I move very skilfully in this world, but sometimes I feel like I was under the water, any my moves are very slow, so I can't do any rapid movement.Once I had to grab a knife to defend myself but I couldn't, and that moment, when I had a chance to take that knife/other weapon but I couldn't do it fast enough lasted and lasted and lasted and lasted... Sometimes I've got a feeling that my teeth are about to fall. I classify it as nightmare. Another time, I saw my brother without eyes. That was pretty terrifying. I felt strange all next day looking at him.

I'd say I'd like to experience sleep paralysis just once, but my lungs sometimes give me comparable feeling of totally lost control over them, and that sucks more than everything else.
    Last edited by personal_loans_1; 07-31-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Does anyone else have dreams where you glide-run and it's awesome? then someone starts chasing you and you realize you'd be so much faster if you could actually run instead of shitty glide-running?

I have the usual nightmares once in a while but the worst dreams are those in which you think that something really good is happening and you believe it is real and then you wake up and realize it's not...
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Most of the dreams I have look like an Adult Swim show.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I've noticed that hipster-ish people often claim that they suffer from frequent nightmares.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.