Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Last concert you have been to

Kyuss Lives! (Budapest, 20.3.2011). Me and one of my buddies went there, it was a great trip, lots of fun stuff happened

Anyway, their setlist was awesome, and it was fucking long, the gig lasted for nearly 2 hours, and they absolutely ruled. Everyone was in top form, so any Kyuss fans here that are considering seeing this new (Josh-less) lineup, just fucking do it and go see them, it's totally worth it.

I also found out a new band that i'm now quickly becoming a fan of - Waxy (they are one of the supporting acts for Kyuss Lives! European tour). A great stoner rock band, from the same town as Kyuss i believe, and John Garcia is one of the guest vocalists on their new album (released this year; he had colaborated with them before, they're good friends, check out this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1qrQ4vE4U). I'd reccommend them, if you're a QOTSA and Kyuss fan then you might dig their music too. Some of their stuff really reminds me of early QOTSA (up to Songs for the Deaf), which is by no means a bad thing, but they don't sound like a copycat band, they have their own sound.

Not everyone grows up to be an astronaut
    Not everyone was born to be a king
    Not everyone can be
    Turner Frankiee'
    But everyone can raise a glass and sing
    Well, I'm far from being perfect kind of person
    And I haven't done what mom and dad have dreamed
    But on the day I die
    I'll say*
    At least I've met that guy
    And that's the only eulogy I need

*I took a pause and Frank added his own line which was "I ate an apple pie".

Then we hugged again. Then we went for a drink. Then I've met the band and got to talk to all of them except Matt, who was either busy with other folks or away, what a shame, but oh well, can't complain, because the gentlemen were super cool... /faint
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

That's pretty awesome ^: i got to meet Frank the last time i saw him live (he had opened for Social Distortion) and he's literally the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Anyways: my last show was Nofx, with Teenage Bottle Rocket and Old Man Malarkey.

OMM and TBR fucking killed it live: they've got so much energy (Nubs from the Nofx song "She's Nubs" was there: and during "For Better or for Worse" by OMM some dude carried her up to the microphone and she sang part of the song: also, i'm pretty sure i saw Fat Mike's girl friend give her a line of blow during Nofx's set.

Nofx was fun too: it was my second time seeing them live, and i got what i expected: about 115 minutes of a set list with a fair share of variety (highlights were Eat the Meek, My Orphan Year and Mattersville), and about another 15 minutes of terrible jokes. The only tragic thing about the night was that i had to leave before the encore to catch the last train home: and as soon as was about halfway home, i got a text from a buddy informing me that i had missed The Decline: which was shitty, but still, I had a pretty fun night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Four fucking says of the Bouncing Souls at the middle east in Cambridge. Best half week of my life.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Manu Chao. It'd be so fucking cool to be there not only thanks for television broadcast, but its perfect really pretty well done realization made me barely regret it. For sure it was the best show I've ever seen not personally. At least. Fuck.
    Last edited by personal_loans_1; 07-12-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Went to LA Rising this past weekend...

Rise Against. Muse. Rage Against the Machine. Much epicness to be had. And plenty of fire in the pit. Literally haha.
    Rita corny, Michael

Pennywise / Authority Zero in Karlsruhe 7/31/2011

Nice

The Tragically Hip, Weezer, Hey Rosetta, and Broken Social Scene at Downsview in Toronto.

alkaline trio with the smoking popes and dead country

pretty good show first time i saw alkaline trio play acoustic

Iron Maiden @ Faro, Portugal (July 14, 2011)
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum: www.offspringportugal.com

New definition for The Offspring => "hard-driving heavy metal band" (@ this)

The Roman Rule: The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.