Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Last concert you have been to

Quote Originally Posted by clocks_R_slow View Post
    .... im seeing Social Distortion and Frank Turner this Saturday *stoked face*
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    ^ I'll be at that show too (assuming you're going to the toronto gig).
    I would love to hear your impressions of that show .
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

To sum it up, it was fantastic.

Frank's set was just amazing. Got to talk to Frank before he went on stage for a bit: dude is just so awesome. Said his upcoming EP would be getting a physical release, and not just a digital one. He played with his full backing band (last time i saw him live he was by himself), and i think it made for a better live experience: they all have great chemestry on stage together and the songs sound more like they do on the albums. Setlist was a good mix of Love Ire and Song and Poetry of the Deed: he also played two new songs, "I Still Believe" and "Eulogy" and naturally they both went down really well live.

"Eulogy" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3HuCaafiVc

Second band to play was Lucero: i'm only somewhat familiar with their stuff,but i liked what i heard. Think of a sort mix of country, folk and punk. Solid stuff.

And Social Distortion were great live as well. It was my first time seeing them: the setlist was pretty good, though they didn't play anything from Sex Love, which was a shame since i love that record. Played two new songs, "Bakersfield" and the other i think was "stay alive": both of which were really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I went to go see Lucero last year... Titus Andronicus opened, so that was totally awesome. But then Lucero came on and they were all so drunk that they forgot how to play their own songs. Also, their fans kept egging them on because they like seeing them in that sort of state or something? I was in the front row, and some dude with a Nobody's Darlings tattoo (the title of one of their albums) knocked me out of the way so he could get between me and the stage, so I left about halfway into the set. It was terrible.

But the last show I've seen was Menomena and they were fantastic! Played almost all of the new album and a few of the best songs off their second record. The encore was unfulfilling, though; they played a song off their first record which I hadn't heard and didn't really like. Oh well, the rest of the set was great.

Saw Jazzsteppa the other night. They're a dubstep group with a bit of jazz influence (It was the Jazz weekend here in Cork). My God, they were feckin unreal! Even though pretty much everyone there was off their face on drugs.

I have been to a dubstep show only once and I felt lost. Only morons go clean (which means without using drugs) to dubstep shows I guess.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    I have been to a dubstep show only once and I felt lost. Only morons go clean (which means without using drugs) to dubstep shows I guess.
    Well I wasn't on drugs Although I was rather shitfaced

Kult!!! It's a Polish band, I love their concerts.

i saw sum 41. to be blunt, ive never been that into them and only went for the black pacific who were supporting. the new guitarist is really good but i think their problem has always been the fact they have good songs but deliver them so generically without putting their stamp on things. the singer pinched god knows how many cliches and gimmicks from billie joe armstrong, his antics just seemed a bit redundant though!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

i saw sick of it all with madball supporting. the gig was going to throw up any surprises in terms of style but it was an awsome showdefinately two bands you must see live!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Sick of it All has been a band that I've wanted to see for a looong time. I did get the chance to see Madball twice though, once headlining and once as support for H2O I believe, great stuff.
    * !