Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Last concert you have been to

ive seen h2o a few times, they actually supported sick of it all but while we were hanging round outside for someone we missed their set and only found out when we went in! if your into that kind of music sick of it all take some beating for a live show though!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

H2O supporting Sick of it All? When was that, in the beginning? I figured that when they play together, it's more of co-headlining, seeing as maybe H2O is bigger, but Sick of it All more 'legendary'.

Too bad you didn't enjoy Sum 41 though, I'm seeing them tomorrow and am excited as can be about it. Last time I wasn't here when they played in the area, and when I went to Poland to see them they canceled! :( They're kind of like the band that I've been listening to a lot, especially some years ago and still have to see.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Too bad you didn't enjoy Sum 41 though, I'm seeing them tomorrow and am excited as can be about it. Last time I wasn't here when they played in the area, and when I went to Poland to see them they canceled! They're kind of like the band that I've been listening to a lot, especially some years ago and still have to see.
    Tomorrow already... awesome! I'm seeing them on 23th.

Remember to report about the show.

Yeah I noticed that they will play here a few days ago, so I'm going with my cousin.

You're seeing them as part of the Eastpak Antidote tour too, I assume? I don't know any of the other bands! But they only play 40 minutes, each, Sum will play about 1½ hour.
    * !

Yeah... I don't know either. But everything else's just some bonus.

Yes they've got 1h 20min scheduled each show.

h2o have never really made it big in the uk, they were the main support at the time though. id recomment getting to the show tomorrow quite early to catch the black pacific as well!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

They're playing right before Sum 41 so I'll definitely see them.
    * !

So yeah, Eastpak Antidote Tour with Sum 41 yesterday.

I was early enough to see a part of the second band's set, which I didn't enjoy that much to be honest. Can't remember their name either. Veomo or something? They didn't leave to big of an impression, they're that typical support band I suppose.

The Black Pacific on the other hand were a lot more into it, and seemed to enjoy crowd interaction. Good music, good performance, I wouldn't have mind if they played a full hour. By the time they played the place was nearly full already and everyone was going wild, I enjoyed watching from the back.

And Sum 41, I was into them a lot during the first albums, and really enjoyed their later albums too, even bought all of them. The show started out really well, hardly room to mosh but that didn't stop anyone really. The band put up more than a decent performance but nothing that made it extra special. They called some people form the crowd to watch on stage. Not much talking to the crowd, not much joking either, which I generally like.
    I mostly agree with what nameless said, except that I was really into them and therefore was able to enjoy it a lot more, but I expected more of an explosion of energy coming from the stage as well. I LOVED Pain For Pleasure though. TUH DUH DUH!
    I'll see if I can get the photos that my cousin took.

Now, a day later, my body hurts from the nonstop moshing, countless wall of deaths and circle pits.
    Normally I go to shows wearing a bandshirt and skatejeans or something, but this time I decided to dress up nicely and wear a neat blouse and tighter pants, as if I was going to some fancy dinner. You know, just for my own giggles, but I got pushed around a lot more and bashed into than usual. Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I just noticed. It was fun though.

edit: Sum 41 posted photos on their website.

Last edited by Tijs; 11-06-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    * !

that picture doesnt really show there was much room for movement, let alone wall of deaths or circle pits! i have to admit, there was nothing like that at the show i went to, only a few minor pits and a lot of pogoing. there was a lot of crowd interaction though and i lost count of the amount of people invited to watch from the side of the stage!

Hopefully, I haven't been to a last concert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    LOL!! Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    lolz, jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan für den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right