Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Rock

Default Bob Rock

I notice that a lot of people give Bob Rock shit. Not in this forum but everywhere else. i dont understand why. The only album that he produced that sucked was st anger. And if you think about it he was just the producer. Everyone blames him for that album but Metalica are the dumb asses who wrote the songs. and even if Bob Rock did help write some of the songs its Metalica who had the final say on the album. I feel like even metalica use him as a scape goat as to why St Anger sucked. Fuck everyone!

PS he did a pretty decent job on the new offspring album

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingcoles View Post
    I notice that a lot of people give Bob Rock shit. Not in this forum but everywhere else. i dont understand why. The only album that he produced that sucked was st anger. And if you think about it he was just the producer. Everyone blames him for that album but Metalica are the dumb asses who wrote the songs. and even if Bob Rock did help write some of the songs its Metalica who had the final say on the album. I feel like even metalica use him as a scape goat as to why St Anger sucked. Fuck everyone!

PS he did a pretty decent job on the new offspring album
    WORD! i wrote this in black only because the post should be at least 10 characters long

I love Bob Rock and what he's done with Metallica!
    St. Anger sounds raw cos they wanted it to sound like that.
    Bob rules!
    But I also love Dave Jerden!

I was really impressed with Bob Rock's leadership skillz in the Metallica documentary. And you're right, if the songs suck there's nothing that can be done production-wise to save it. The only thing that I can't stand about the production of St. Anger is the snare drum. That PING. I have a very visceral repulsion to such sounds. Maybe I suck, I don't know.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I was really impressed with Bob Rock's leadership skillz in the Metallica documentary. And you're right, if the songs suck there's nothing that can be done production-wise to save it. The only thing that I can't stand about the production of St. Anger is the snare drum. That PING. I have a very visceral repulsion to such sounds. Maybe I suck, I don't know.
    The drums on St. Anger annoys me too.Not just the snare but the whole kit sounds like Lars hiting dishes and pots.It ruins the sound pretty much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Art gallery- www.capricorn4.deviantart.com

i don't like bob rock because he fucked up the production of The Cult's Beyond Good and Evil.
    What happens when the intoxication of success is evaporated?

he did a better job than Brendan. But i think the sound lacks that "joy" of Ixnay and Americana, but maybe the source of "this issue" is, in real, the band.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Above Advanced Search (which is for pussies)

Bob Rocks!

Mothafucking Period[.]
    Listen to Britney Spears:

-Hit Me Baby One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I remember there had been three threads about it already. Use the search button.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The search button does let us down every now and then.

Thumbs up Bob Rocks!

He did a great job on the album.

And the new album is fantabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    The only thing that I can't stand about the production of St. Anger is the snare drum. That PING. I have a very visceral repulsion to such sounds. Maybe I suck, I don't know.
    This recaptures the snare sound perfectly by banging on a metal folding chair with a drumstick.