Thread: Fireworks For Luna

Default Fireworks For Luna

My friend and I made two bands together. In this one, Fireworks For Luna, he writes the music and lyrics, plays acoustic guitar, drums, some keys, and sings, while I play bass, electric guitar, do backing vocals, play the rest of the keys, and mix/produce all of the music.

He recently made a myspace for the project! In the three recordings up, only Honeysuckle has my work on it (I'm currently mixing Maybe They Get Cold and just finished up the bass on it), but I felt like you guys would appreciate it. So I put it up anyway.

Oh yeah, our other band (currently unnamed) will be ready soon, too.

www.myspace.com/fireworksforluna

Bump for great justice. We ended up merging our efforts, so Mike And The Incompl and Fireworks For Luna are becoming one band.

Seriously, any thoughts at all on this music? I really think Happy Bloody is a sweet song, as well as Honeysuckle.

I like Honeysuckle.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

This reminds me of Rancid - if Rancid was actually enjoyable to listen to.

The verse on Honeysuckle is especially great.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Birch: Oddly enough, Honeysuckle is the only track on the myspace that has any of my input (I did bass, mixing/production, and synthesizer on it). The other songs are the demos from before I joined the band.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    This reminds me of Rancid - if Rancid was actually enjoyable to listen to.
    When the singer/guitarist/drummer sent me the first songs he ever recorded, a few years ago, this might have been the exact same thing I said to him.

Thank you for listening, sirs!

Btw, once either me or him comes up with an acceptable band name, the new myspace is going to have, like, entirely new songs. We've been writing and playing together for months now, and recorded a lot of our ideas.

Me likes. The only thing that could have been done a little bit better is the sound ratio of voice and instruments. The instruments should have been a little bit louder. But overall pretty good.

Yeah, I mean... Only Honeysuckle has any sort of production or bass; the other songs are entirely raw. Believe me, once we re-record them, I'll make sure that everything is mixed properly.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though, I'm really happy with how the songs are sounding and can't wait to show you guys some of the newer stuff.