Thread: Minus Nine

Default Minus Nine

hey everyone, just posting a little thread about my band, our name is Minus Nine and we are a Alternative & Punk band from Brisbane, Australia. and yeah every member in the band is EXTREMELY influenced by The Offsping and also to a lesser extent Pennywise. but yeah it would make me stoked if people could check out our myspace, because we have been recording a 5 track demo recently, and we have only got the guitar tracks done(Rhythm, Lead, Bass) done so far, but soon we will be recording the Drums and Vocals. but yeah i would love it if people could ummm well check us out?? www.myspace.com/MinusNineBand thank you everyone.

Very Offspring-ish sound, indeed. I liked it, though. When will we be able to hear the full demos?
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

"Energy" sounds like a classic. Cannot wait to hear it all in full version. Also, the videogame-style metronome is cool, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

'Energy' is 'Dammit, I changed again' rip-off.

'Unplugged' is "Come out and play' rip-off.
    Last edited by Dirigent; 07-14-2009 at 05:38 AM.

I can see where you'd get that idea on "Energy," Dirigent, but that still wouldn't make you right. The lead voice is similar but not the same, enough so to give the song its own voice. I mean, if you locked up everyone who's used that sort of lead over that chord progression, The Offspring would be in there along with everyone else.

Having said that, I can't really judge the songs very well - songs just aren't complete until they have melody lines, whether they're instrumental or vocal. I'd be more than happy to check your stuff out once it's done.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

i know Energy may sound similar to dammit i chnged again, but obviously some stuff is gonna sound similar, i mean all of the members of our band are heavily influnced by the bnd, but its not like we will hav the same melody and lyrics and all that, the lyrical meaning in Energy is much different from DICA, and same with plugged, as well as the vocal melody, it is completel differnt, and that is th same for Unplugged,though no member thought it sounded like Keep Em Seperated AT ALL, and to be honost i still dont. but i love the offspring and i draw alot of inspiration from them, so there will be times that will make you remember these songs and love them evenmore, because i love offspring, and people on this board love the offspring...so yeah i think that the main point is, obviously there are gonna be parts here and there that remind you of the offspring, but in alot of other meanings, we are completely different from the offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    Very Offspring-ish sound, indeed. I liked it, though. When will we be able to hear the full demos?
    once our drummer Tim has finished making the drums to the songs, we will go back to the studio and record the Drums and Vocals, and then we are gonna take the rhythm guitar tracks down a bit, and bring the bass up a bit more, and mix it and make it well rounded then yeah, share the music, so once the drums are ready, back in the studio and finish up the songs

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    "Energy" sounds like a classic. Cannot wait to hear it all in full version. Also, the videogame-style metronome is cool, hehe.
    hey thanks man, yeah it is a really kool song to play on guitar, and the bass is kool and all that, all the songs are fun to play, but yeah Energy is one of our favorites, so it had to be on the demo, but yeah at first i was amused by the metronome haha, but then i got pissed at it, it just irrated me, now im cool with it again haha

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I can see where you'd get that idea on "Energy," Dirigent, but that still wouldn't make you right. The lead voice is similar but not the same, enough so to give the song its own voice. I mean, if you locked up everyone who's used that sort of lead over that chord progression, The Offspring would be in there along with everyone else.

Having said that, I can't really judge the songs very well - songs just aren't complete until they have melody lines, whether they're instrumental or vocal. I'd be more than happy to check your stuff out once it's done.
    hey thanks man, pretty much exactly my point aswell, and almost everything nowadays is adapted from something else, its not like we were just going to get inspiration our of nowhere, and lyrically and the vocals are very different that dammit i changed again, so the song is made its own then...anyways thank you man

Quote Originally Posted by 84U View Post
    Yeah, I should start using the word inspiration instead of rip-off. However, I'd rather smash the guitar against the wall than have an inspired band like that.

I'll check out finished songs.
    haha yeah thnx dude...