Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know this has been discussed before but it's staring to grind my gears

Default I know this has been discussed before but it's staring to grind my gears

Oh America, of course I'm talking about Americana and it having to do with the band's current tour. We all know the set list sucks for the most part. I really think the problem is the lack of variety between albums. The other night in NH The Offspring played WDYGAJ, Pretty Fly, Americana, Have you Ever, Staring at the sun, TKAA, and Walla Walla. So that is 7 songs and about 33% of the entire setlist. Now don't get me wrong It was the best concert I had ever been to, but I left expecting more variety. I think they could limit it to at least 4 songs and everybody would be happy. I'm pretty sure the only song off Co1 played was want you bad, same for Splinter and sadly Ixnay which is my favorite album. Come on guys, spice the setlist up a little!!

people are going to give you so much shit for this. but i agree with you. its true that most of the people at the shows only know americana but that doesnt mean they have to play so many songs from it and stick to the singles from the other albums. Basically they are choosing to please the regular people over the hardcore fans who want have a little more bang for their buck. they could easily trade have you ever for a less known song off americana like no brakes or one off ixnay for example. because honestly if they keep playing the same songs every time they tour im going to be slightly more reluctant to see them. although i admit i had a great time on this tour. if they change up the set list a little more its not going to scare everyone off from the shows. it will just show that they have more songs than just whats on the greatest hits album. when they play all the singles it doesnt really leave any reason for someone to go see them again because they saw all the songs they wanted to hear.

offspring needs to just play more songs, longer stage time, period

the mods are gonna own your ass
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

The band are populists; the majority of people at the shows would rather hear those songs, than those who wish to hear some more obscure. The concert atmosphere is also a lot better when everyone is into the songs.

I'd love to hear something like I Choose or Dirty Magic get played, but i'm ok with their current setlist, i had an amazing time when i saw them live a few weeks ago. To be fair, the band has been attempting to mix the setlists up every show, since they're giving the audience a chance to vote for two songs to be played every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSabotage View Post
    offspring needs to just play more songs, longer stage time, period
    agreed lol

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    The band are populists; the majority of people at the shows would rather hear those songs, than those who wish to hear some more obscure. The concert atmosphere is also a lot better when everyone is into the songs.

I'd love to hear something like I Choose or Dirty Magic get played, but i'm ok with their current setlist, i had an amazing time when i saw them live a few weeks ago. To be fair, the band has been attempting to mix the setlists up every show, since they're giving the audience a chance to vote for two songs to be played every night.
    Yeah I'm not expecting them to play any thing from the first 2 albums but you do put up a good point

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post

I was at the same show as you and I agree it was a kick-ass show but I do see the point others are making. Due to their plans with the next record and getting it out there soon it obviously won't happen but if they came back to our area again this tour I wouldn't go see another show knowing I'm going to get almost exactly the same show. They have a cookie-cutter setlist now where all they have to do is insert the two songs that won the vote and the set is the same every show.

Don't get me wrong this thing they are doing with the vote for songs is an amazing idea. The problem is they are mostly using the same songs for most of the shows. And when you put 2 singles on that list and then another song from an album that they are already playing most of anyway it's not that hard to know how that vote is gonna go.

Quote Originally Posted by PunksKillEmos View Post
    We all know the set list sucks for the most part.
    I don't know this.

I loved how many songs from Americana were on the set list, but that's also one of my favorite records. I was surprised to hear "Walla Walla," though. And along the lines of what you're talking about, these were probably the same seven songs from Americana that they played the last time I saw them, which was on the Americana tour. I would have liked to hear a little more variety though, but what they did choose to do seems to be working since everyone seems to admit it was an awesome time.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Yeah I'd consider myself a decent fan of them, and mixing it up would be nice, but honestly I only listen to ignition-Americana. I wouldn't want to hear the other albums live.

The problem you run into is when you go to diversify the setlist to please a minority of hardcore fans, they're split into a million different factions. Some want to hear ignition, others wanna hear ixnay, etc. You're displeasing the majority that want to hear Americana, and probly about half the minority that want it mixed up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?