Thread: Evolving religeon

Post Evolving religeon

In some religeons, such as hinduism, religeous beliefs change and incorporate new aspects of modern life. In others, such as Christianity, The Bible is the sacred word of God and his message should be passed to generations of the futurre exactly as those of the past have put it. My question is, should the messages of a church change over time or only be a reflection of their holy documents. If a religeon does change, is it still the divine word of god? If it doesn't, it inevitably grows to become inpractical.

And I dont know if it is spelled with an e or an i.

that is a good question i think that it should have to change becuase times are chaging an i bet in about 1000 more years people will change it an write a new bible saying that a bunch of stuff happened to us i mean religion does create alot of problems an no one will ever know what really happened but, me personally i do not believe almost anything the bible said like noahs arc i think that one night some people got together talked amounst them selves an decided that they were going to explain our world by telling us there is no explaination an it was a being called god an his so called son jesus i mean i do belive in a higher power but, maybe it is called god or not but, i do not belive that he has a son named jesus i belive that someone named jesus changed the world alot back when the bible was written an then the people who wrote this story decided it would fit in better if they were all related an such. I donno but, yes i feel that the bible should change as life changes but, there prob. will be many different opinions on it.

Things not written in paragraph form, are basically not worth reading.

All religions change with the times and incorporate the modern world in them. It's just sects of these religions do it to various degrees. Christianity has generally accepted the world is flat theory yes? This was not always the case. Or that we circle around the sun instead of the other way around?

The dogmatists of a religion, will not accept change ever, but in every religion there are the reformists who push for major change in the theology of the religion. You can find this duality in almost all forms and movements.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

^you have a good point, so I guess my question should be more like: should religeon be openly evolving and adaptable, and if so would people still follow it or feel it has lost its original divinity as the word of god?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    The dogmatists of a religion, will not accept change ever...
    One of my friends says that his uncle once told him that he thinks the sun revolves around the Earth. Here is his logic: Jesus is the center of the universe, and he resides on Earth. Therefore, everything must revolve around him.

I think that one of the most evolutionary religions is the Bahai faith. It basically claims that god speaks to everyone in different forms according to their time, and that, one day, god will speak to the world in a new form of a different religion, which won't be Bahai. I've yet to hear another religion that prophesied its own demise.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

Well the Norse religion sort of did, it's the only religion where the Gods kill themselves and abandon mankind. (I'm guessing the vikings were feeling a little down at the time).
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.