Thread: Amp Question

Default Amp Question

which one is better

marshal mg15 (the new one)
    or
    Behringer V-Tone GM108
    dont tell me to get a bigger better one cuz i need a small amp.(because i am a lazy sod and i hate to pick up big amps)

so the question is which one is better and why
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

I would say Marshall, because in my opinion Behringer is better with pedals.
    But I really think you should just go with your gut. Try both of them out and see wich feels better for you.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

Read into what each can do to your sound and go with your gut.

Personal, I would go with the Behringer because I really don't like Marshall, but it doesn't matter because I'm a Mesa/boogie man.

Behringer makes pretty good amps, but almost everyone I know would prefer the Marshall. I'd almost say Marshall because of the brand, but in terms of quality, I'd say Behringer.

In response to Dan M.- I find it the other way around. Behringer has some really good amps and stuff, but I hate their pedals. I have an Acoustic Modeler and if you strum too hard it overloads and becomes all distorted, and it sounds terrible anyway.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Where's all this Behringer love coming from all of a sudden?!

In my experience (I've had a lot of Behringer stuff), they are good, with the qualification of being good for the price. They are generally regarded as GREAT value as far as pro audio equipment is concerned. I wish I had bought an amp from the GM series instead of the V-Ampire, just so I could give you a definitive answer, but the one I have is good. It pwns when it comes to clean sounds...distorted, not so much.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

In response to Dan M.- I find it the other way around. Behringer has some really good amps and stuff, but I hate their pedals. I have an Acoustic Modeler and if you strum too hard it overloads and becomes all distorted, and it sounds terrible anyway.
    I have a V-Amp2 and it works very well. All of it's effects are top quality. But I'm a guy who really enjoys just playing with the amp and the distortion. I love that pure rock guitar sound. I only add an effect now and again to change a little. Anyway, Behringer amps are good. Maybe I'm just so used to Marshall that I don't want any other, lol. But if you really want a good sound, open your wallet and go for MesaBoogie.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

Damn...they're both pretty bad! LOL
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Both are low end beginner amps. Whatever rep Marshall has, does not apply to MG series in the slightest, especially since the mg15 is the second most low end amp in their entire line. You're paying an extra premium just for the name. The Behringer at least has the standard 3-band EQ and v-tones tend to be very versatile.

Looks like the mg15 is $150 and the Behringer is only $60. Kind of weird to match those two up considering the price gap when there's a ton of other "nice" amps in the $100-$150 range.