Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennywise has lost their singer

Default Pennywise has lost their singer

What a sad day for us! According to this article I just read on Punknews.org, Pennywise's lead singer Jim Lindberg has left the band, but we don't know who's going to replace him. Here's the reason why he left:

"After 20 years, nine albums and thousands of shows around the world, my time in Pennywise has come to an end. Being the singer for this band has been an amazing experience, and along the way we made some of the best fans anyone could ask for. There are few things that made me more proud than seeing people at our shows singing our songs, and it's your support and encouragement that's kept me going this long. would sincerely like to thank everyone who helped us along the way and wish everyone in the Pennywise family the best of luck and continued success. Yours truly, Jim."

According to the source, Jim is currently working on a documentary based on his book Punk Rock Dad, and he's set to begin recording for an as-yet-untitled release.

that sucks looks like pennywise is done

ohh that realy sucks
    i hope they'll find a new singer!!
    but i know its so hard to find a new singer
    even if you look at iron maiden's history; Bruce left the band,they got a new singer and their succes was blown away! -> later bruce joined the band again to rescue the band

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    that sucks looks like pennywise is done
    It almost does look like the band is breaking up, but Jim left the band once back in '92 when or before they were writing the Unknown Road record.

summarizing: pennywise is dead!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum: www.offspringportugal.com

New definition for The Offspring => "hard-driving heavy metal band" (@ this)

The Roman Rule: The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.

When I saw the thread I thought he died. It should have been called Pennywise singer has left the band.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they disbanded after this. They've had a good run, I think. Most bands don't last as long as they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter12296566 View Post
    When I saw the thread I thought he died. It should have been called Pennywise singer has left the band.
    The reason I named this thread "Pennywise has lost their singer" was because Jim had just left the group and the band doesn't even have a replacement for him yet.

Statement from Pennywise Regarding Jim Lindberg Leaving Band
    The members of Pennywise, Fletcher Dragge, Byron McMackin and Randy Bradbury,have issued the following statement regarding singer Jim Lindberg’s departure:

“After 19 years with Pennywise, Jim Lindberg has decided to step down as lead singer. Pennywise has long stood behind the motto that you should always follow your heart and pursue what makes you happy, and we wish Jim the best of luck in his new ventures, whatever they may be. Pennywise has become a way of life for a lot of people, and has definitely become a way of life for us. As the three remaining members of Pennywise, we feel that we are not done delivering our message to our fans.

”The band has always been about moving forward in life no matter what obstacles stand in front of you. We will begin our search for a new singer immediately. We will continue to tour the world and we are looking forward to writing new music. We've had a lot of good times and survived the hard times thanks to the undying support of our fans. We're looking forward to what the future may bring."

Sincerely Fletcher, Randy, and Byron

Damn, that sucks. I wonder if they will keep going and get a new singer.