Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennywise has lost their singer

i find it weird that after 19 years with something, he quits. i would find it hard to stop something i've been doing for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Damn, that sucks. I wonder if they will keep going and get a new singer.
    with a new singer...that will not be the same.
    but I hope Jim will come back again.

Quote Originally Posted by tayluhhx3 View Post
    i find it weird that after 19 years with something, he quits. i would find it hard to stop something i've been doing for that long.
    i dont mean to speculate but there was an interview with jim where he said something along the lines of them not touring as much, he wanted to be with his family and being kinda "thats the way it is", it was around the warped tour time a year or two ago. dont get me wrong though, that is a perfectly valid reason.

i also remember reading his book and there were lots of references to his daughters, he missed ones first steps or first words while out on tour being interviewed by someone he wasnt fond of. my guess is that his family played a part in it.

i dont think they will be the same without him, his vocals were kinda unique and had that attitude to them, it will be interesting to see who they get in to replace him!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

They probably will get a new singer. Pennywise isn't the type to just say die when they lose a member. Replacing a singer, though, isn't always met with a warm reaction. I just hope he's as cool as Jim.
    Last edited by Outerspaceman21; 08-21-2009 at 08:24 PM.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn, why this had to happen... I agree they'll never be the same without Jim. Replacing a frontman is what complicates things the most. I wish all best to them though, and hope they'll get another just as cool singer. If it was Jim's sincere decision then i guess we as fans should accept it and still support Pennywise.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    They probably will get a new singer. Pennywise is that the type to just say die when they lose a member. Replacing a singer, though, isn't always met with a warm reaction. I just hope he's as cool as Jim.
    Yeah... me too...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn, why this had to happen... I agree they'll never be the same without Jim. Replacing a frontman is what complicates things the most. I wish all best to them though, and hope they'll get another just as cool singer. If it was Jim's sincere decision then i guess we as fans should accept it and still support Pennywise.

just a new singer has a different voice and They are playing old songs and I think that will be not too good. and I will feel...this is not pennywise...just similar...

i just noticed jims last show with pennywise was opening up for offspring in canada

Quote Originally Posted by Szandi View Post
    just a new singer has a different voice and They are playing old songs and I think that will be not too good. and I will feel...this is not pennywise...just similar...
    That's what i had in mind, this is what complicates things.

Take Alice In Chains as an example (if you konw them) - while the 2 new songs i heard are good, they are nowhere near anything the band recorded with Layne Staley when he was still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    That's what i had in mind, this is what complicates things.

Take Alice In Chains as an example (if you konw them) - while the 2 new songs i heard are good, they are nowhere near anything the band recorded with Layne Staley when he was still alive...
    I understand.
    But Jim left the Pennywise before first europe tour 'cause He didn't want to left his job and Jason sang. after Jim came back.
    So i hope he's coming back.