Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Blink 182 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Always loved their music, but Tom's voice got on my nerves big time. I didn't listen to all of +44's record, but I liked the lead single. I should get around to buying it. I didn't like any song I've ever heard of Angels & Airwaves.

I did like Box Car Racer quite a bit, though.
    Ha, I agree with this post almost 100%. Tom's voice is okay for a song here and there, but not all the time. It gets on my nerves a lot. I didn't like anything from Angels and Airwaves - I downloaded their first album and tried to listen to it a few times, but it was just boring. Boxcar Racer was good, though. I love the song Cat-Like Thief, with the singer from Rancid. Great track.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I think with the excitement/drama of the little Blink-182/+44/Angels & Airwaves triangle, Box Car Racer is almost entirely overlooked. It was a solid album. I kind of wish there was a follow-up, but I also suspect they don't have another one that good in them.

The Boxcar Racer album is the only thing from any member of Blink 182 that I find even remotely tolerable. Lyrically it's dreadful, and DeLonge is just the worst vocalist ever. But the rhythm section is really good on most of it, and some of the songs are actually pretty well done as a whole. I do think it's kind of a fluke though and I doubt they could do it again if they wanted. But I do still listen to it from time to time if I'm in the right mood.

Blink 182 used to have some nostalgic appeal for me since I loved them from the ages of 10-14. But anymore I can't listen to them without being incredibly annoyed. The last Blink 182 album has some decent ideas, but as a whole just kind of seems like a Bad Astronaut rip off. The first few albums could potentially be cheesy fun 90s pop punk, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Angels and Airwaves are, for my money, one of the absolute worst bands to break into mainstream rock in the last 10 years. And I'm not using hyperbole. Everything about this band is terrible. The music is ripped off from a million different places, Tom's vocals are not only terrible but so processed that it becomes comical, and the lyrics and overall sentiment of the band is so misguidedly pretentious that it just seems like self-parody.

I've only listen to +44 like once or twice but I just found them incredibly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    One thing that sort of perplexes me is how many teenagers are so pumped for this release: i mean, the last Blink album came out what, 8 years ago?
    I'm not hugely surprised, but then again, I remember when American Idiot came out and got tons upon tons of pre-release hype from audiences who shouldn't have even known who the fuck Green Day was. I think it's the same thing. Blink 182 were made for teenagers, and I think teenagers will always be interested in them to some extent.
    Last edited by Jakebert; 07-13-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Can't fucking wait. Pretty excited about this.
    I think the last blink album was pretty popular. one of my best friends who HATES everything else they put out, bought that album cuz he liked a couple songs.... he doesn't like it now, but he was more open about music back then.

Boxcar Racer was kinda a fluke. Tom supposedly listened to a lot of Fugazi while he wrote that album? I can kind of hear it, but at the same time, it's kinda like huh? i don't really hear it... It might happen now since tom and Travis are back together, but probably won't. I have the first AVA album because of nostalgia, sold the second album, still haven't heard the newest one even though i can legally download it for free. I don't give a fuck.

When You're Heart Stops Beating is a really chill record.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

i love blink 182 especially when they are naked hehe.. just kidding. i havent seen them lately

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    The Boxcar Racer album is the only thing from any member of Blink 182 that I find even remotely tolerable. Lyrically it's dreadful, and DeLonge is just the worst vocalist ever. But the rhythm section is really good on most of it, and some of the songs are actually pretty well done as a whole. I do think it's kind of a fluke though and I doubt they could do it again if they wanted. But I do still listen to it from time to time if I'm in the right mood.
    I'd say I agree with this 100%, but I'm a bit less cynical about these guys... I actually enjoy boxcar racer, blink and +44 are/were at least decent. AVA was the only group that was just unbearable for me.

Angels and Airwaves are, for my money, one of the absolute worst bands to break into mainstream rock in the last 10 years. And I'm not using hyperbole. Everything about this band is terrible. The music is ripped off from a million different places, Tom's vocals are not only terrible but so processed that it becomes comical, and the lyrics and overall sentiment of the band is so misguidedly pretentious that it just seems like self-parody.
    More agree. This time I agree 100%. AVA was a disaster. I can't believe how cocky Tom was about that band... they were shit. I really tried to like them because Pete's a good drummer and the intros to a couple songs showed promise... but in the end, I couldn't even get through an album. That's rare for me.

I've only listen to +44 like once or twice but I just found them incredibly boring.
    +44 was never anything special. There's not a single unique or original bone in their music. They were just a straightforward, decent pop-punk group. Mark's voice is quite generic, so that doesn't help. The thing I enjoyed about +44 was that they had no gimmicks; they were just who they were, and they wrote some very nice melodies that made you wanna move. Not the kind of band that I'd run out to see live or invest in, but for me, they were thoroughly enjoyable. I think I'd prefer to see +44 develop over a return to Blink 182. They had a similar style of music, but with better lyrics and just a more mature and enjoyable feel.
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I think I'd prefer to see +44 develop over a return to Blink 182. They had a similar style of music, but with better lyrics and just a more mature and enjoyable feel.
    i totally agree with you a new +44 album would be much more appealing to me then new blink 182

Listen to "Up All Night" here:

http://kroq.radio.com/2011/07/14/bli...p-all-night/2/

I have almost zero opinion on this song. Sounds like a mix of everything everyone in the band was involved with. Also it kind of lacks the catchiness which defined the band. But I don't mind it.
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Fuckkkk. I'm not feelin' this.

I'll give everyone a chance to listen to it before I weigh in any more.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Freakin' Awesome Song! Really!
    Guys give us a mature song! A Mix of theirold sound + AVA sound + BCR sound + some brand new sound! Perfect!!!! Lyrics are really good!
    I Love this song!!!

LYRICS:
    Everyone Wants to call it, all around our life with a better name,

Everyone falls and spins and it's up again with a friend who does the same,

Everyone lies and cheats their wants and needs, and still believes their heart,

Everyone gets the chills, the kind that kills, when the pain begins to start..

Forget this dream, do you want me here?

As I struggle through, each and every year,

And all these demons, they keep me up all night!

Everyone's cross to bear the crown, we wear on endless holiday,

Everyone raises kids in a world that changes life to a bitter game,

Everyone works and fights, stays up all night to celebrate the day,

And everyone lives to tell the tale, of how we die alone some day...

Forget this dream, do you want me here?

As I struggle through, each and every year,

And all these demons, they keep me up all night!

They keep me up all night!
    Last edited by MAXTER; 07-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta