Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blink 182 thread

I never have given a shit about leaks.... wait a fucking couple months and just buy the thing you fucking cheap bastards. I'm broke as fuck being unemployed and all. I saved my twenty bucks that I'll need for the album.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I don't see the correlation there. People don't listen/download leaks to not buy the album. Those who do, will do it when the album comes out anyway. I imagine a lot of people listen because it's there, and they're really curious. For me, personally, I'm listening to see if it's worth buying. I don't care enough about many bands to listen to their leaks, but for on-the-fence bands like Blink 182 and Green Day, it really helps to get a sense of the album before it comes out. The last one I listened to was "21st Century Breakdown". Dodged a bullet there.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Hearts All Gone - Fucking awesome. I love this song. Hope this song is not a rarity on this album.
    Unfortunately it is. The rest of the album sounds pretty much like AVA. Son, I'm dissapoint.

I can't believe that just happened...I wrote a long review, and the BBS gave me the "message too short" error, and made it disappear. Now it's gone forevuhhh.

Fuck it now...I kinda liked the album and will probably buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    Unfortunately it is. The rest of the album sounds pretty much like AVA. Son, I'm dissapoint.
    Are you sure, man? I see it listed in the tracklist, but in all of the Neighborhoods playlists I found on YouTube, I didn't see it in with the rest of the album. So you may be right. But it would be weird if they have "Hearts All Gone (Interlude)" with no "Hearts All Gone". And if that's the case, I won't be buying it.
    Last edited by randman21; 09-15-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    My myoosik:

Tracklist:

01. Ghost On The Dancefloor 4:18
    02. Natives 3:55
    03. Up All Night 3:20
    04. After Midnight 3:27
    05. Snake Charmer 4:27
    06. Heart's All Gone Interlude 2:02
    07. Heart's All Gone 3:15
    08. Wishing Well 3:21
    09. Kaleidoscope 3:53
    10. This Is Home 2:47
    11. MH 4.18.2011 3:27
    12. Love Is Dangerous 4:26
    13. Fighting The Gravity 3:42
    14. Even If She Falls 3:00

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Are you sure, man? I see it listed in the tracklist, but in all of the Neighborhoods playlists I found on YouTube, I didn't see it in with the rest of the album. So you may be right. But it would be weird if they have "Hearts All Gone (Interlude)" with no "Hearts All Gone". And if that's the case, I won't be buying it.
    It is there, together with the Interlude. But it's a rarity by the means of no other song sounding like Heart's All Gone.

My mistake! My brain read "bonus track/b-side" for some reason. You're right, Heart's All Gone is a major stand out (one of my all-time favorite Blink songs), although I did like a few of the other songs.
    Last edited by randman21; 09-15-2011 at 02:46 AM.
    My myoosik:

So what's the verdict on this one?

I can't get into it. It could be worse I guess, I kind of like the album, but it's nothing that would strike me as particulary awesome. I can't even say it's because I've grown out of their style, because this isn't their old style, not really. It's different. Not neccessarily bad, just different.

I'm sure it'll get tons of praise from their most devoted fans. You know, it being a "new Blink-182 album, z0mG and stuff". But it's just not as fun to listen to as some of their old albums. They lost their whole identity by leaving the fun out of it. Heart's All Gone can't save the album, as it's a "rarity" (energy-wise). Neither can other songs that I like from it. So it's not bad, but not great either.

edit: Actually it all works a bit better if you don't think of it as of a Blink-182 album.
    edit2: Travis steals the album. Which is a good thing.
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-15-2011 at 04:39 AM.

So all the reactions to the album didn't make me particularly excited for this... and yeah, it's pretty bad. It simply doesn't sound like Blink 182. I don't think it sounds TOO much like AVA, but it reminds me a lot of the self-titled album. I guess Take Off Your Pants will remain the last good thing Blink released together.

Edit: so far, I kinda like Snake Charmer... and the Heart's All Gone interlude is really nice. And of course, I like Heart's All Gone. The first four songs of the album are crap, though.
    Last edited by Llamas; 09-15-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk