Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Blink 182 thread

I'm listening to the song for the first time right now. To my surprise, I very much like it.

Up All Night sounds like Angels & Airwaves 2, big step back after eponymous in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Ok there's a difference between autotune and a weird vocal effect on someone's voice... There's no effects on tom's voice in the verses at all. And the chorus has some weird echoey effect to make him sound like he's far away, he's used that loads of times. Kinda like when Peter Frampton uses that thing to make his guitar sounds like its talking, or all the distortion on the beastie boys voices throughout their career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Yea right at the beginning of the verse thats just toms voice sounding weird, That doesn't sound like autotune to me. The "Auto-tune" on the song is toms chorus, but again that's not really "auto-tune" cuz he still sounds completely out of tune, that's just echoey effects.
    Retard, it's one thing to like the song and to even enjoy the autotune. It's fine to have a different taste and opinion. But you're talking here to people who've recorded music and know exactly how autotune sounds (namely, randman, raptor, and I... I dunno if anyone else here has done so). Tom's voice (not sure about Mark's... I don't think his is) is definitely autotuned in many parts of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    And i agree with Llamas, Tom needs to stop breathing out like that. It doesn't make him sound any deeper, just douchier. He sings like that ever since their reunion, and never fails to make me cringe. It. Just. Sounds. Terrible.
    Yep. With Blink, Tom's voice has always been the unique one, Mark's is pretty generic and bland - but they worked well together. Now Tom's voice is just annoying, and it doesn't sound good against Mark's at all. It's amazing how much his voice changed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxsyOqpE4KU

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    The autotune thing doesn't bother me personally: the freaking Lawrence Arms used it when recording Apathy and Exhaustion.
    Autotune can be applied in good ways in order to achieve a certain effect; here I think it was just used because Tom can't sing in tune.

Even though i wasn't exactly thrilled with the single, i'm still planning on checking out the rest of the album
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I think something like

"HOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEJESUS ON A BEAR GRYLLS'S MACGYVER-STYLE IMPROVISED PAPERCLIP AND WOODEN RAFT FLOATING INTO A VOLCANO"

or

"KILL IT! KILL IT WIHT FIRE!!!!!"

would be appropriate to say here. Or another thing that comes to mind:

"IT'S A TRAP!"

It doesn't sound like auto-tune to me again besides the chorus, it just sounds like his shitty ass singing.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

I dont know what i expected this song too be, much like the RHCP song it reminds me of a b-side from several albums back. Mind you i'm not that into Blink anymore, so im curious as to why i'm even posting on here.
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Retard, it's one thing to like the song and to even enjoy the autotune. It's fine to have a different taste and opinion. But you're talking here to people who've recorded music and know exactly how autotune sounds (namely, randman, raptor, and I... I dunno if anyone else here has done so). Tom's voice (not sure about Mark's... I don't think his is) is definitely autotuned in many parts of the song.
    I'd say pretty much anyone who frequents the Your Band forums are familiar with the effect.

I never realized it until I spun the album for the first time in ages today, but Adam's Song sounds quite Fugazi-ish.

Yep. With Blink, Tom's voice has always been the unique one, Mark's is pretty generic and bland - but they worked well together. Now Tom's voice is just annoying, and it doesn't sound good against Mark's at all. It's amazing how much his voice changed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxsyOqpE4KU
    This is absolutely amazing. Like hilariously amazing. In the old performance he just sounds like your average terrible singer in a pop-punk band, but in that second performance he sounds like he has a degenerative brain damage problem. I'm not saying "retard" in that way that you make fun of someone, he literally sounds retarded, or like he has been abusing hardcore narcotics for decades, or suffered a stroke.

Also - Anyone that doesn't think that his voice in that previous link isn't abundantly awash with Auto-Tune is completely deaf. And I can't remember who it was, but never ever compare Peter Frampton to Tom Delonge.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I'm interested to hear what the rest of the album sounds like. This was the first song they wrote when they got back together, mainly Tom, so it has a lot of his influence in it. On top of it, I tend to think it has a little more Box Car Racer in it than Angels and Airwaves, but that's just me.

PS: People were talking about not listening too them because their music is beneath their age levels or some crap. I still listen for nostalgia's sake. Plus, when I want to forget about everything troubling me nothing helps me more than some easy, crappy, blink-182 music. Don't know why.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"