Thread: Ash - The A-Z Singles Series

Default Ash - The A-Z Singles Series

So I'm willing to bet no one else is in on this yet. And yet it's pretty fucking awesome.

A few years back Ash's frontman Tim Wheeler decided that the album was a fading way of enjoying music. As such, he decided to retire the album format while simultaneously refusing to deprive the fans of content.

The result? The A-Z Singles Series.

Every 2 weeks, for a year, Ash releases a single. That's 26 singles, from October to October, running through the entire alphabet. I think they're on G now, and at least half the songs are crazily infectious. If you really feel the need to pirate I'm sorry because it's not super easy to find the songs at this point, but otherwise consider that the entire year's subscription is only $20 for 26 songs.

If you don't know who Ash are, I suggest you check out the albums Twilight of the Innocents and Meltdown. I'd recommend tracks but ironically the albums are hard to explain as separate parts - I couldn't possibly recommend Evil Eye and not Vampire Love from Meltdown, just like I couldn't tell you to lend an ear to Twilight of the Innocents while ignoring Princess Six from Twilight of the Innocents.

Show a little initiative, guys. And enjoy.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

The Smashing Pumpkins are doing something like that with their Teargarden by Kaleidyoscope, and Bouncing Souls did it with their 20th Anniversary Series. I don't like that idea cause I'm too lazy to download a song every 2 weeks. So I'm waiting for Pumpkins to release the last one and get them all at once.

On a side note, I should probably check Ash, as for what I've read they sound quite enjoyable and likely to fit within my musical taste.

I'd expect this format to catch on in the years to come. If well-known bands start releasing every song as a single to the radio, it will give people more of a chance to listen to every song and allow it to grow on them, and it would increase their recognition, in my opinion. People just don't seem to have as big of an attention span anymore.

Ash are so up and down that it's shocking. One album is infectious, great pop-rock, the next is dire. And so on.

I did see them live once though, that was a great gig, and generally I respect them as a band.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Ash are so up and down that it's shocking. One album is infectious, great pop-rock, the next is dire. And so on.

I did see them live once though, that was a great gig, and generally I respect them as a band.
    Depends on your taste, I suppose. The only effort I've ever genuinely disliked from Ash was Nu-Clear Sounds, which was just a piece of trash. Meltdown and Twilight of the Innocents are both fantastic.

1977 was.... meh, but that's from when they were really young.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

That's a really good idea actually.

However when I saw them, they were fucking shite. I've heard some few good songs, but mostly I think they are quite meh.