Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring the 80's back

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    In general, the 80's seem to me to be a huge waste of a decade.
    Other than like Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart and the Empire Strikes Back, i kind of pretend that decade never existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yiYbCJitvQ The 70's hair dos were outrageous mannn!!!!~! Same with the clothes!! Some freaky lookin shit!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I just love a man who touches his hair like this!!!!

I don't know, sometimes I imagine it would be pretty awesome to take a time-travel vacation (this is a fantasy I waste a lot of time on) to the '80's. This was a time where a larger amount of money was used on things like tv-movies, obviously because that was THE medium back then.

I mean there was a Bourne movie made in the '80's, and its not particularly bad if you ignore the cheesy fighting and the fact that its like 12 hours long. It would be interesting to live when the internet did not exist. I mean yes it didn't exist when I was a child, but I mean as an adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Fuck Wheelchairman. I was about to make an almost identical post.

The 80's had a lot of awesome movies. I loved them when I was a kid and they still hold up now. Especially sci-fi movies. Some of the music was fantastic, but most was crap. But that's always how it goes.

The majority of my favorite movies are all from the 80's.

I didn't really begin to experience the internet until I was 15. I can't imagine now what life would be like as an adult without it, yet I also can't imagine what childhood would be like with it. I feel like it came along at exactly the right time for me. I also think it's going to be interesting when we're all old and have to try telling our grandchildren what life was like before the internet. It'll be like how old people tried to tell us they played with a stick and, if they were lucky, a piece of string and felt damn fortunate to have it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    You're going to need to build a time machine if you want to go back in time.

This is SO 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    The 80's had a lot of awesome movies. I loved them when I was a kid and they still hold up now. Especially sci-fi movies.

And not only sci-fi, 80s was Karate Kid, The Princess Bride, and... well I was going to say Big, Back to the Future, Innerspace and the Gremlins but...I just realized it was sci-fi so...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

You have good taste. Well done. Though I don't believe Big is considered sci-fi at all. It was magical, not science.

I was thinking more along the lines of Aliens, Terminator etc. when I said sci-fi.

More people need to love Innerspace. Very well done.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I don't think I've ever seen innerspace.

Of the 3 original terminators I'd have to say the first one is my favorite. Predator, Robocop, (I'd say Total Recall is 80's simply because it was probably filmed mostly in the 80's), the 80's had the best of Schwarzenegger, Seagal, and Bruce Willis (Btw guys, JCVD is a fantastic movie), the first Tim Burton Batman movie, (the shitty Superman movies...), Return To Oz (freaky movie), Star Trek movies were pretty hit or miss at the time, but the first one was made at the end of the 70's, so there's probably a majority of good ones (the even numbered ones are the good ones, that's a very accurate rule).

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Of the 3 original terminators I'd have to say the first one is my favorite.
    I'd be really disappointed if you said anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    the 80's had the best of Schwarzenegger, Seagal, and Bruce Willis
    Hell yeah. Never much cared for Seagal, but yeah.

I suddenly want to watch Die Hard, Universal Soldier, and anything with Schwarzenegger. Maybe even Last Action Hero, because that movie is GOOD and everyone can suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I'd be really disappointed if you said anything else.

Hell yeah. Never much cared for Seagal, but yeah.

I suddenly want to watch Die Hard, Universal Soldier, and anything with Schwarzenegger. Maybe even Last Action Hero, because that movie is GOOD and everyone can suck it.
    Of course Last Action Hero is good !

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Watch Last Action Hero again, I saw it recently and it was terrible. It was as boring as I remember it being when I was a kid. And Schwarzenegger movies weren't made to bore kids (they weren't made for kids in general, but my Dad didn't want to watch disney).

Anyways people generally say that T2 is the best Terminator. And it would've been. If they just didn't have the "now I know why you cry line" in the end. That ruins it for me. Goddamn.

I love the pussy supporting character of 80's action sci-fi, the guy in Aliens who says "Game over man, game over!", he's also in T1 as one of the punks, Predator 2 (okay that's a 90's movie, suck it) as the lame cop.

Also while I like all the Alien movies the obvious order is 2,1,4,3.

Oh and I enjoy both AVP movies.

p.s. Steven Seagal is the shit, treat yourself to Above the Law, and Glimmer Man.