Thread: bush, war, and gay marriages...

Default bush, war, and gay marriages...

i've sent thousands upon thousands of our armed forces to a pointless war that should never have been started in the first place... but totally ignore that and look over here... gay people want to get MARRIED!... lets focus on that instead...
    G.W.Bush (in paraphrase)

how long will it take ppl to learn that starting up all this anti-gay-marriage bullshit was just a divirsionary tactic to distract them from the fact that over a thousand americans have died in a war that shouldn't hav been started in the first place... gay marriages should nvr hav been involved in politics and i can't believe ppl fell 4 it... what do you think?
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

How long did it take you to firgure out that banning gay marriage was a media distraction? I've known that from Day One.

But seriously, I believe that two monogamous, consenting adults, regardless of sexual orientation, should be allowed to marry. All the reasons I've heard to support it are mostly pragmatic (tax benefits, insurance, power-of-attorney, hospital visitation, etc.) and a few religious reasons (Would Christ discriminate?)

All the reasons I've heard against gay marriages are purely religious (God will stike us down, marriage is one man to one woman only) and ridiculous and untrue predictions (What's next, pedophila? Polygamy? Bestiality?).

I say legalize gay marriages. Just let the religious organizations decide if they want to recognize such a union. Remember, they don't have to if they don't want to.
    "I have tasted you Minnesota, and Minnesota you are tasty."

Past Shows
    1997.10.11 - St Paul, MN [Roy Wilkins Auditorium]
    1998.12.01 - Minneapolis, MN [First Ave.]
    1999.05.30 - Somerset, WI [Float Rite Park]
    2000.11.29 - St. Paul, MN [Roy Wilkins Auditorium]
    2004.05.11 - Minneapolis, MN [First Ave.]
    2005.07.24 - Minneapolis, MN [HHH Metrodome]
    2009.06.19 - St. Paul, MN [Roy Wilkins Auditorium]
    2010.07.05 - St. Paul, MN [Harriet Island]

I think that you are simply born gay an if that is the case you should be aloud to marry who you are in love with. i mean i have two gay cousins an i feel sorry for them but, i think that it is only fair that they are treated like humans i mean it is hard enough for them that they are different an have to live with that everyday. i mean they should atleast get the same privilages as we do.

as for bush, yes he uses this to hide the real issues! but that is cuz he is nuttin but a bastard an has no meaning in life other then to destroy the world an kill innocent people. He is very sneaky however cuz, people actuallly fall for it
    sad isn't it!

I see no problem with gay marriages. If they are happy and comfortable, then why shouldn't they be allowed to have that love solidifed in marriage.
    Of course it's a distraction, but the problem is that people are falling for it.
    The Kuehn and Jones Orchestra
    True Sounds Of Liberty
    Nitro Nation on Myspace
    Myspace profile.
    People are like slinkies. Useless, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten
    I see no problem with gay marriages. If they are happy and comfortable, then why shouldn't they be allowed to have that love solidifed in marriage.
    Of course it's a distraction, but the problem is that people are falling for it.
    yeah... i kno right... thats wut i've been tryin to tell my friend, who's very pro bush... all she says to that is "where's ur proof? bush is the best president evr" and i just tell her she's ignorant...
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lost_nvrfound
    how long will it take ppl to learn that starting up all this anti-gay-marriage bullshit was just a divirsionary tactic to distract them from the fact that over a thousand americans have died in a war that shouldn't hav been started in the first place... gay marriages should nvr hav been involved in politics and i can't believe ppl fell 4 it... what do you think?
    I think that you're ignoring that the issue first came to national prominence after gay marriage was legalized in Massachussetts and then San Francisco. It was this initial push to legalize it that caused such a backlash. The administration mainly took advantage of it not by focusing on it overshadow Iraq in the media spotlight, but to get homophobic conservatives out to vote on November 2nd.
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises