Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Redestructed

Hybrid View

Default The Redestructed

Ok, since we've got a name now (actually we have it for quite some time) i've decided to start a new thread about my band.

We play mainly punk rock music, mixed with grunge. We have recorded some songs, but vocals yet need to be recorded, and (hopefully) that'll happen soon.

Until then here's a teaser for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPBs...eature=channel

I hope you'll like what you hear from it
    Last edited by Rooster; 10-23-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Ha! That was awesome. Heh, you look so badass, man. Can you tell us a little bit more about that latest gig you guys had? I haven't been around much lately, so in case I missed it, you can copy and paste here.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Well, the gig was great, although we were a bit sleepy and all, because we played at 1:30 AM. But we had a great time, our best performance yet!

It was wild, people were moshing in front of the stage, everything was set up right, vocals were very clear. We've learned from our past mistakes i guess

Oh, here's the link to our facebook profile page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Re...?ref=nf&v=wall

edit: link edited
    Last edited by Rooster; 10-23-2009 at 04:19 PM.

That was pretty cool, havent you got any longer videos?
    I was kinda hoping to hear one of your songs, havent heard anything of yours yet.

That was the studio version of Self-Destruction in the middle of the video, right?
    If yes, you were right all along about the studio versions being much better than the older demos. They rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    That was the studio version of Self-Destruction in the middle of the video, right?
    If yes, you were right all along about the studio versions being much better than the older demos. They rock!
    Yep, it was. Well, actually it's not a "studio" version, since it was recorded in the same place as the performance in the video. But the sound we got exceeded our expectations, and after i was done with mixing and mastering the tracks they sounded excellent. Now we only need to record vocals soon

And yeah, they sound bazillion times better than those early recordings i posted here - that version of Self-Destruction didn't have bass, and drums were made with in guitar pro.

Also, at the end of the video you can hear the intro of Semper Fi, which is a slower, grunge song (with a very loud chorus ). That song's my favorite.
    Last edited by Rooster; 10-24-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash punker View Post
    Rapetor
    I LOL'd at this. Did anyone else LOL at this, too?

Anyway, I also listened to your stuff, and I've gotta say, man. This shit is amazing! Congrats, keep up with the good work... I haven't been through the whole thread, but, from what I understand... You've only released 3 songs so far, right? The ones that are in your signature and in your MySpace, if so, can't wait to hear the rest of your stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by iGustavo View Post
    I LOL'd at this. Did anyone else LOL at this, too?
    Sorry Gus, but this is kinda old
    ... but I will say when it was first mentioned ... it was definitely funny

Haha, didn't even realise it said Rapetor . It's kinda old one, but still good. Who came up with it originally? I think it all started in the Fistcuffs social group (not sure how exactly, but i remember it being basically a huge "rapefest" )

Anyway, time for some news. We just had a songwriting session today. Me, our bassist and the drummer sat down and worked on some of my ideas, and we made basis for 2 songs that we've been working on (Igor, our vocalist/guitarist was busy, he had some other stuff to do so he only showed up later). We were trying to do something different with those 2 songs, we didn't want them to turn out in the standard verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus structure, and they are looking like they could be interesting when finished. You heard the 3 songs from our demo so you know what you can expect from us, but in the other hand those 2 songs we were working today were different. One of them is basically a fusion of punk and grunge, but it's a fast song. The second one is the oone that at first seemed (i already wrote about that one a while ago) like a mixture of The Noose, Half-Truism and Propagandhi, and now it looks like it'll be even more epic. It's going to have a long intro, many tempo shifts, different drum patterns. It's going t be very melodic, and i'm looking forward to how it turns out. But it really is gonna be epic, more than our other songs so far, and it's going to be a bit more challenging to make.

And while i'm still the main songwriter, everyone is more involved in the process now. Self-Destruction and Semper Fi came out almost as i pictured them to be, i already had the basic structures done when we started working on them. I came up with guitar parts, the drummer came up with his drum part, and the bass part was made later in the way it would fit. We changed a few things and the songs turned out much better than i thought they would (and much better than if we wouldn't have changed anything) and that was it. Now i come up with some basic melody (or a few cool riffs) for the song, but more than before i want to keep the options for changing opened, and then we discuss about how it should go on, what could fit into the song and so on. This is a good thing, everybody should be a part of it, because there are more influences we can incorporate into the music. That said, our new material will still sound like us.

And thanks for the positive response folks, we appreciate it

edit: damn laptop keyboard (my pc decided it's time to piss me off againn and stopped working completely, so i'm using my laptop)! It's so weird for typing, so i apologise if i overlooked any mistakes, it's usually just double letters where they shouldn't be
    Last edited by Rooster; 02-17-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Looks like i have no other option but to re-write the second verse part for Comes Clear Through Suffering. The whole lyrics are on my laptop, which crashed just few days after my PC crashed, and it's still not working. My PC works alright now, with a new motherboard. C drive of my PC also crashed, but i already saved all the important files before that happened, i didn't loose anything.

Anyway, i don't think it'll be much of a problem, since i know what the secon verse was about, even if i wouldn't be able to write it exactly as it was before (maybe i will, who knows).

It would suck much harder if i hadn't burned all my adobe audition mixing sessions and final master tracks to a DVD. If i would loose that then i'd be seriously fucked, because i would loose many days of work, and i'd have to start over to make songs ready for the demo CD release (i don't know when it's gonna happen, it all depends on when our bass player creates the logo and the artwork is finished).

We're working on new material, and so far the songs are shaping up nicely...

edit: damn, i have to rewrite BOTH verse parts, since i saved only the chorus... Eh, fuck it.

edit2: hmm, it's not exactly like it was before, but somehow i like the re-written lyrics more now, some parts are better than before for sure
    Last edited by Rooster; 02-26-2010 at 12:03 PM.