Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Redestructed

The departure of your vocalist sucks but I second what you said before. If he's not comfortable doing it anymore it's ok for him to leave.
    I hope you find someone who is more enthusiastic soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Yeah, we hope so too, since we now have literaly tons of material that needs to be recorded, and i think our new songs are much better than Self-Destruction or Struggle of Our Days (Semper Fi still sounds awesome for me though, and always will ).

Today i re-recorded guitars for the new song (the melodic one, influenced by Social Distortion), because i got the drum part for it (made in guitar pro though). And it sounds fucking awesome.

edit: it's funny though, this lead riff was stuck in my head long before i even had a guitar. I think i came up with it after hearing Don't Drag Me Down in a computer game (Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX) for the first time, and kept thinking about how great it would be to play in a band. Then i somehow forgot about it, until i got guitar, and when i was listening to Don't Drag Me Down again, trying to learn to play it, i remembered the riff. And after (too much) listening to that song the idea for this song came up.

Oh, the memories
    Last edited by Rooster; 03-11-2010 at 02:52 PM.

So, looks like we have a place to practise again, and the price isn't bad either

That's enough news for now

It's been quiet for a while. But some stuff has been cooking. Be ready for more updates soon...

edit: We've been working on a new song, called Last Defeat. I'm not giving away the details yet, but it's a fast, melodic punk rock song. I also think it's our best yet so far.

edit2: Yep, things are starting to move again, we gained a band member (probably 2, though it's not official quite yet)...
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-15-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Finally! Today's the day we have our first rehearsal as a full band in months, with a new lineup. I'm really looking forward to it

We're probably gonna play Last Defeat also. Damn, that song feels good. It'll be only about 2.30 long (we'll shorten it a bit, since one part doesn't feel like it's really neccessary). But that's enough.

Oh, and did i mention it's our best song yet in my opinion? Can't wait to play it live.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    Finally! Today's the day we have our first rehearsal as a full band in months, with a new lineup. I'm really looking forward to it

We're probably gonna play Last Defeat also. Damn, that song feels good. It'll be only about 2.30 long (we'll shorten it a bit, since one part doesn't feel like it's really neccessary). But that's enough.

Oh, and did i mention it's our best song yet in my opinion? Can't wait to play it live.
    Nice! I hope you had a good rehearsal and more new gigs to play.

ps: Last Defeat live? Bootlegs plz
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    Nice! I hope you had a good rehearsal and more new gigs to play.

ps: Last Defeat live? Bootlegs plz
    Well, if there will be a live bootleg recording of Last Defeat, you'll deffinitely know about it

Yeah, the rehearsal went great. Really great. Besically yesterday was a perfect day. I bought a few beers for everybody there, so we could chill out. And it was a nice atmosphere, everybody was very enthusiastic. We stopped practising after 10 pm, found some wine and it wasn't long before a small party started. It was the best ending for a great day - coming there with intention to only drink a beer or two during the rehearsal, only to end up drunk. I'm a bit hungover today, but it's not a bad hungover - it's more like one of those occasions you kind of enjoy it. I'm extra chilled and shit

Anyway, from the moment we started rehearsing i knew our new vocalist is the right one. We started with Don't Drag Me Down, and he sang it great. He sang it higher than the original song, but it sounded perfect. He did a good job on our songs too, including Last Defeat (considering he didn't know how exactly he should sing). So it's official now, he's in the band. He already performed live with us a few months ago, but at the time we thought he would only be a temporary replacement. Now he's a permanent member.

Here's our new lineup:

-Florjan Bartol: drums (2009-present)
    -Ambrož Bartol: bass (2009-present)
    -Jošt Bartol: rhytm guitar (2010-present)
    -Davor Guduraš: vocals (2010-present)
    -Rok Tomšič: lead guitar (2009-present)

And yes, the fact that 3 of our members share their surname is a complete coincidence. They are in no way related to each other. Except they share the same house too. And parents.

Anyway, we're really back.
    Last edited by Rooster; 08-01-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    Well, if there will be a live bootleg recording of Last Defeat, you'll deffinitely know about it

Yeah, the rehearsal went great. Really great. Besically yesterday was a perfect day. I bought a few beers for everybody there, so we could chill out. And it was a nice atmosphere, everybody was very enthusiastic. We stopped practising after 10 pm, found some wine and it wasn't long before a small party started. It was the best ending for a great day - coming there with intention to only drink a beer or two during the rehearsal, only to end up drunk. I'm a bit hungover today, but it's not a bad hungover - it's more like one of those occasions you kind of enjoy it. I'm extra chilled and shit

Anyway, from the moment we started rehearsing i knew our new vocalist is the right one. We started with Don't Drag Me Down, and he sang it great. He sang it higher than the original song, but it sounded perfect. He did a good job on our songs too, including Last Defeat (considering he didn't know how exactly he should sing). So it's official now, he's in the band. He already performed live with us a few months ago, but at the time we thought he would only be a temporary replacement. Now he's a permanent member.

Here's our new lineup:

-Florjan Bartol: drums (2009-present)
    -Ambrož Bartol: bass (2009-present)
    -Jošt Bartol: rhytm guitar (2010-present)
    -Davor Guduraš: vocals (2010-present)
    -Rok Tomšič: lead guitar (2009-present)

And yes, the fact that 3 of our members share their surname is a complete coincidence. They are no way related to each other. Except they share the same house too. And parents.

Anyway, we're really back.
    Wow, this is great news! I'm really happy that it turned out to be that awesome for you! Looking forward to future updates.

The Ricetigers

But DAMN, i guess i was pretty wasted after the rehearsal. I mean, when i went upstairs to get into the living room (we were at our drummer's house, i slept over there), there was a dude that wouldn't let me pass into the room. It took me 10 seconds to realise i tried to get through the mirror in the hallway, and the door was right next to it . Though in my defence it was dark in the hallway, it was past 2 AM...

Another funny memory

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I'm happy for your band situation! A five piece, eh? I've been thinking about having five as well.

I took particular amusement in three member having the same last name, despite no relation. Is that at least a common name?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)