Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Redestructed

Hmm, it's not a really common name, i think. Maybe in that region it is. But i guess it is likely that you'd have the same last name as another fella, especially if you have the same parents, as they do

In case somebody's sarcasm meter is broken, they are brothers... Just in case

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Oh, crap! I didn't see the "And parents" part of your earlier post.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Ha, i was sure you saw it, and you were being sarcastic . Eh, don't worry about it.

So, long time no talk, though a lot has been happening. Some ideas flying here, some ideas there, some dirty, grungy stuff (stuff that sounds even heavier and more depressing than Semper Fi), some fast and energetic angry stuff (don't seem to be running out of this stuff any time soon), some almost Maiden-esque riffs, and some melodic and up-beat stuff. And of course we have some new songs that are almost ready, and some that will soon be ready (hopefully).

Anyway, we're planning to start practising regularly soon, we just have to work out the schedule. I'll update you as soon as we decide about it.

Another practise coming up this week, and tomorrow we're having a "songwriting session". Hopefully the whole band will be there. We're planning to just sit down and get through some of our new ideas (the most promising ones), and possibly rework some old material. It should be fun

It's a nice feeling, knowing things are moving on again. It was a hard year behind us, but we survived.

Bump.

After a short hiatus - our drummer broke his wrist before the new year's party - it's time for us to resume practising. He's ok now, or at least i hope so. I wouldn't want him to make things with his wrist worse with starting practising too early, it could be painful. But he says it's ok. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

And we have some interesting new stuff, one of our new songs is freaking 6 minutes long. Though the length of the song could be very misleading - it's not an epic song, but rather a minute and a half long "epic" intro, followed by 4 and a half minutes of energetic punk fest. Though the song consists of many different parts, so it could be considered also as epic. Maybe. But probably not. Eh fuck it, what matters is that it sounds great, and it doesn't seem like it's really 6 minutes long.

Can't wait for the summer, we might have some gigs on the way. We'll make our comeback as glorious as possible

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

do dat shyt, boi! I'm super excited about the return of The Redestructed, and it goes without saying that I can't wait for that 6 minute jam. I hope the drummer is back to 100%. The man is a beast.
    Last edited by randman21; 02-26-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    do dat shyt, boi! I'm super excited about the return of The Redestructed, and it goes without saying that I can't wait for that 6 minute jam. I the drummer is back to 100%. The man is a beast.
    I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear that; after all he really is a beast when it comes to drumming, and i mean it in a good way

I just finished another song today. It's probably my darkest song yet, ant it's very personal, i'm probably the only one who understands its true meaning, though the lyrics can be interpreted in bazillion ways. It's a slow, heavy grunge song. And by heavy i mean heaaaavy. It still fits with the rest of our songs; actually Semper Fi could act as a bridge between this song and the rest, so it's all good. It's heavier, darker and more dirty than Semper Fi. I've recorded guitar parts and sent them to others so they could give it a listen, and the drummer could do the drums in guitar pro - i would then re-record guitars, and we would have some basis to work upon. But there isn't much to do, other than do bass and drum parts, and then practise the song. Maybe we could do some changes to the structure, but it might be just perfect as it is.

Hell fucking yes, we're resuming with out practising this wednesday, just like we usually did - the same day in the week, same time. Can't wait!

So, we planned one or two gigs in near future. One in june (won't happen unfortunately), and one was supposed to happen next weekend - it won't happen then, but maybe it'll just get postponed. Oh, and we might get to play at some smaller festival in August, but nothing is sure.

Anyway, another very successfull rehearsal today. We played the new "grungy" song today - for the first time with vocals. And it went absolutely great. Obviously we didn't play everything perfectly, but still, it turned out excellent. Vocals sound almost exactly as i hoped they would, both me and out lead vocalist can sing it without any problem (me providing the backing vocals of course, i'll try to do some vocal harmonies for it, something we haven't tried before). And singing style fits the message of the song and the lyrics as perfectly as it could. Mind you, this was only the first time we've tried it with the vocals, and inevitably there would be some improvements later. But even now it sounded great. Damn, i'm getting really pumped now