Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustain

Default Sustain

Um, hi guise.

As some of you might know, I make music, you could have heard something here and there. Also, as some of you might know aswell, I finally started my own band. So, finally, here is some thread about us and some basic information.

We are called Sustain, we're a rock/punk band from Bratislava, Slovakia, we have been rehearsing our material for about 3 months in the line-up we are in now, which is as follows:

Me(David) - lead guitar, vocals, songwriting
    Janči(Johnny) - guitar, backing vocals
    Tomáš(Tom) - bass
    Jaro(can't think of an english equivalent) - drums

We play mostly my music(because no one else has showed up with any own songs, yet), and sometimes we mess around with some covers. Our music could be described as "light punk-rock", we have faster songs, slower songs, harder songs, mellower songs... I would say it's basically catchy and melodic rock music. Yeah, unfortunately, I sing. Hopefully, all in all its not so bad

For the last week, we've been recording our first demo, which is one song, for promo reasons. And as I love these forums and all, you will be the first ones who'll get to hear it, even before we make a myspace/facebook/whatever profile. The quality is not that good but I guess it's listenable and it showcases at least a glimpse of how/what we play. The song is a mellower, catchy tune, named "Hey, Bartender!" and the lyrics are really simple and not very breathtaking, but hey, I wrote them. So, here goes:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67516279c2f1ee00/

I also have the lyrics, look:

HEY BARTENDER!
    (music & lyrics written by yours truly)

Hey bartender,
    I need some money
    I will buy me a drink and return it right away
    Not coming home
    More drinks to hand out
    Beer, vodka, absinth, but beer is the one that stands out

It ain't easy, not for me
    Life is too hard, now I gotta flee
    I am going to celebrate
    And I don't need any birthday cake
    What's this all supposed to mean?
    I need some beer, so I can see..

Hey bartender...

I don't wanna live like this
    Live day by day with several beers
    To make a difference every day
    I change the places where I nightly stay
    And to save some health for me
    I have some break, but then again I say:

Hey bartender...

(solo)

Hey bartender... (2x)

Any opinions and whatever is welcome. I will post here also the links to the Myspace/Facebook pages when they're done Have a nice day!

EDIT: The facebook page is already done, you may join the group here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...4548605&ref=nf
    Last edited by dff_punk; 10-26-2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Hell yes! A perfect drinking song, catchy as hell! You just gotta love the lyrics. Also, your vocal style fits really nicely here! Now let's hope there's som more material from you soon.

Me like a very lot much

Thanks for the lyrics. I couldn't understand half of the song when I've listened to it before

Probably because the vocals are sometimes oversounded by the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, I sing. Hopefully, all in all its not so bad
    It's not bad at all

Being one of the people that knows the song already, the addition of vocals has really been a pleasant surprise ... I'm loving it

Side note and I will probably get shot for this ... but I think the vocals on the demo should be a little bit a louder.

I really like this. It's so catchy! I love the phrasing of the lyrics too. I demand more!
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

It's pretty catchy. The verse reminds me a little bit of old Green Day. In my opinion, that's a good thing.

Edit: I originally wrote chorus, but I meant the verse "It ain't easy..." But I guess it all does sound a little Green Dayish. At least to me.
    Last edited by brothadave79; 10-26-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

Thank you guys! I am lovin the feedback, as I love you too

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz! View Post
    Side note and I will probably get shot for this ... but I think the vocals on the demo should be a little bit a louder.
    Ummm... the earlier mix had the vocals even more quiet, I think this one is loud enough
    Quote Originally Posted by brothadave79 View Post
    It's pretty catchy. The verse reminds me a little bit of old Green Day. In my opinion, that's a good thing.

Edit: I originally wrote chorus, but I meant the verse "It ain't easy..." But I guess it all does sound a little Green Dayish. At least to me.
    Yeah, you are not the first one to say this... but I take it as a compliment

And those of you who demand more, you will either have to wait, or come to our gig some time! Hehe, I think that is all. Thank you everyone again.
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Yeah!!! I've listened "Hey Bartender"... this song Kickass
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

We are on myspace now too!
    http://www.myspace.com/sustainband

Ummm... the earlier mix had the vocals even more quiet, I think this one is loud enough
    Ultimately you need to be happy with the end product and the end product is really cool ... I just find that in some places the vocals are over-powered by the instruments, therefore my side note about pumping it up a notch

We are on myspace now too!
    http://www.myspace.com/sustainband
    Very cool I have already checked it out