Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: someone said the offspring should longer solos

Default someone said the offspring should longer solos

but how much longer should they be?
    like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AxCRho2gc8
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

no long solos. seriously.

especially not like the solos in that video. which are pointless and sound like shit.

I think, like, a 30-40 second solo would be sufficient, and I am not sure if Noodles would pull those Dragonforce ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I'd kill someone if the Offspring tried to play like Dragonfags. Don't get me wrong, I love me some metal... but those guys make me angry.

Anyway, it'd be awesome if the band still played solos like on S/T! But I think Noodles isn't as good as he used to be, or maybe he just doesn't care as much anymore (he messes up live more than he used to). Either way, I'd love to hear some solos if they could pull them off. The intro to "I'll Be Waiting" is such a nice solo... I'd love to hear more of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I choose is 30 sec long

I am a big fan of metal music, and solos are obviously a vital part of that genre. Offspring are punk, so solos are not as essential for them. However, I do like the solos that are in their songs. The solo in "Feelings" is awesome, and Noodles plays some great leads in "I Choose" and "D.U.I.". Dexter can also solo, as he plays the one in "What Happened To You?". Not sure if he's played any others though! I like the fact The Offspring have solos in some of their songs, it makes them stand out from most other bands of their type. Longer solos? I don't really think that's necessary. More solos though....Id be all for that!

They should longer shows and they should different songs!

long solos get annoying.
    punk bands never really have long solos,
    so why would they change that?

Lightbulb longer solos..

Of course not!!
    If they use solos, it wouldn´t be their normal kind of music...
    it´s punk, not metal or another kind..
    Dragonforce is good, but The Offspring is perfect like it is normally playing..

i dont think its in their style to play long solos, they could probably work one in thoughif they really wanted but their music is more about songs then anything kinda over technical!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!