Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour Journal

Default Tour Journal

The year is almost over, and The Offspring probably won't be playing anymore shows this year. The RFRG tour is over, at least. Next year is promising to bring us a new album, a new tour, and new Offspring spirit.
    But until then, we have to wait. So I thought we could share our Offspring show stories, just to remember the amazing day when we saw them live for the first time. I'll start.

I've been a loyal Offspring fan for around 8 years now. My first show was a dream come true. I had missed them back in 2004 because I wasn't old enough to get into the show. And last year, 11/08/08, I still wasn't old enough to get in, but I was smarter. So I got in anyway. There was no way in hell that I was about to miss another chance to see them live.
    The day started off with a project I had to do in high school. I stared there all morning working on stuff until around 2pm. I met a girlfriend of mine, who has been addicted to The Offspring ever since I introduced them to her, and we went to my cousins' house where we would meet up with some friends and head to the show. Festival Planeta Terra, wich was the festival where The Offspring played that night, was a big field that had a 'hippie' feel to it. Alot of stages with all kinds of music, from eletronic to indy style. Every stage had a band playing all day. The main stage was where I parked myself waiting for the show. A couple beers later, it was almost time for the show.
    Dexter and Noodles appeared on a huge screen from back stage, as they were being interview by a local MTV reporter. Noodles was wearing his "Listen to Britney Spears" t-shirt, and everyone started commenting on that. They talked a little about what songs they were gonna play and how it felt to have come so far in their career. I couldn't believe where I was. Waiting for my favorite band to play live in front of my eyes, after waiting for 8 years. My girlfriend was almost as stoked as I was. Once I saw the crowd getting closer to the stage I ran to the barricade, trying to get as close to the stage as I could. Lucky for me I was able to position myself directly in front of the stage, very close aswell. We waited, and waited, and waited. Seemed like it was taking forever for the show to start. But I was enjoying every moment of anxiety. My girlfriend told me "I still can't believe we're here." And I told her, "Get ready. This is going to be amazing." Soon enough I started seeing some tech guys walking on stage. I saw a fairly large chubby guy walking around, on that I recognized from the Huck It DVD, and once the whole crowd saw him, everyone started shouting " fatty! fatty! fatty! "
    I laughed so hard. But I stopped laughing once I saw that he was carrying a guitar that I recognized all too well. A green RG Ibanez with lots of stickers. Holy shit ! It's Dexter's guitar! I started screaming and cheering as loud as I could. Suddenly a drum set comes rolling in, with the angel from RFRG's cover on the bass drum cover. That was the moment when I truely realized what was about to happen.
    A shadowy figure goes behind the drum set. And as of out of nowhere... I see it, I hear it, I feel it. Pete was drumming away to the intro of SIMU. The crazy part of it was that by the time Pete had hit the second or third beat, I was already thrown to the other side of the crowd. The sea of people had started jumping to the rythm. As Pete continued pounding on the drums, Noodles enters the stage. He had changed his shirt. He came on stage wearing a famous brazilian soccer jersey, that of nº 09, Ronaldo.
    Soon after Noodles came strumming his guitar, Greg entered the stage and started his Bassist Dance. Dexter came jumping on stage and let out his voice. The show had started and I couldn't have been happier.
    The show was amazing. I never expected that they would be so good live. I mean, sure I've seen videos of them playing live and everything, but wow. They blew me away. I cried when they played Gone Away and The Kids.
    Once the show ended, I was feeling more accomplished than any other man on earth. I had seen my favorite band live, and now I was complete.

I wrote this with a huge smile on my face. That was the best show of my life. Hopefully I'll see them live again soon.

Tell me your stories.

EDIT: sorry for posting this in Off Topic. I didn't notice I wasn't on the General Offspring Discussion.
    Last edited by DMelges; 11-12-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

i started to listen to offspring when i was 15 in 2005,and i was sure that the band was over because they released the greatest hits album,but i didnt really take care of hit and i started to buy all the albums and became more and more addicted,but in 2007,when i hear about the rumor of the new album,i was so excited so i decided that im gonna see them live and i will miss this show for nothing in the world,so i was waiting and waiting,watching the shows from everywhere in the world,but this spring i woke up a morning and saw the tour dates on my email and when i saw WOODSTOCK EN BEAUCE i was like WHHAAAAT!!!!,so i started to anoy all my friends and people that i know with that,so my mother didnt have trouble to find me a birthday gift haha,i went there with 4 of my friends,4hours in a car but when we arrived there,it was crazy,we went in front of stage for pennywise and we were having a lot of fun but after there was a small intermission between the two bands and all the ligths comes out and litle music stops,my heart was about to explode,there was so much energy in the crowd and sudently,i saw noodles appear in the darkness,then greg and dexter and after BOOM! youre gonna far kid,with my head right next to the big speaker and noodles and dexter just in front of me,people mushing,pushing from everywhere,hard to breath,mud all over my pants but it was the best night of my life,the only thing is that in my head the show was to short,i wish this moment last all the rest of the week,but anyway their next show in quebec its sure i will be there and this time i will try to meet the band

My first and only Offspring Show was back in 2008 at the T-Mobile Extreme Playgrounds in Berlin, Germany.
    All in all I can say it was the best day of my life. I was there with my father and a friend of mine. After 4 hours in the car we were there, watching the skaters and BMX. Then after bringing our baggage to the hotel, we came back and Sugarplum Fairy was playing and it was time for the Signing Session with Offspring. But I came to late and they just let some people going. So I decided to go around the wall of glass they were behind and then I saw them sitting there, just 5m away from me: Noodles, Pete, Greg and Andrew Freeman. Dexter wasn't there so it wasn't so hard for me getting no autograph
    Now it was No Fun At All's turn and they did a great show. After their performance I tried to get to the front and was just 1m away from the barrier. Waiting there for a long time they were announced by the German MTV presenter and I felt how my heart was beating so fast like never before. Anyway it lasts another quarter of an hour till Pete went to his drumset (he just talked with some other technique guys on the left side of the stage) and started playing SIMU. Then Noodles and Greg came on stage and I couldn't wait for seeing Dexter for the first time! And soon I got mushed and pushed away so that I had to go to the back because I was afraid of losing my life in that amazing crowd But it was totally worth it I'll never forget that day when I saw my favourite band the first time!
    And I have the full video of it on my computer!

Without a tour of australia

I have listened to Offspring since 1997 and I was so excited on April vacation of this year when I was told I was going to their concert in July at the Tsongas Arena(unfortunately i dont really like the arena itself it is too small) but i was so happy that i cried and i began counting down the days. the night i went to the show i was so excited and i was freaking out and the night before i was literally saying "Oh my god i will be in the same building as dexter" and my mom got mad but i went and i had a great time and i hope they tour again soon! I did fracture my wrist when i got pushed into the next row of chairs by a drunk dude during Sum 41 but it was still great!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

nice stories although i was hoping for a band member journal!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Arg, I'm with nameless here, haha. Good stories nonetheless

I have never had the pleasure of seeing them live I'm doing everything in my power to go to the closest show next time they tour though
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

well, next time they tour kev, you'll be old enough that you might be able to swing it(I'm guessing you'll be 16 or 17 the next time they come near). the best thing about turning 18 though is that you can drive halfway across the country for a show if you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Haha yeah, can't wait to drive. They'll probably play Vancouver, so I could just walk on a ferry to the mainland and stay at one of my cousins houses overnight. Like 15 bucks for a ferry too so it should be doable haha.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    nice stories although i was hoping for a band member journal!
    I do miss the band journal. Was great to recieve updates directly from the band. Too bad they don't do it anymore..
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven