Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If one was to make an alt account

Question If one was to make an alt account

Subtlety would be key. Let's think about this. You're a pathetic loner who masturbates to and craves attention. But every time you create a troll account, you rile up the board and get banned. While that's a thrill it's short lived. You need a steady stream of moderate attention. Something that get's you what you need but also doesn't get you banned. So why not create an account that only sometimes or partially pisses people off through a more complex character.

You can spot a troll because it's essentially a stock character. For those of you that don't know, a stock character is one-dimensional. Like the burly trucker, or the grimey pothead. They're one note, little to no room for character development. The reason being most of these attention-masturbators can't create a character that complex. Ichoosenobreaks was an obvious troll for that reason. But these guys are easy to spot and you keep getting banned.

The main character is the person that can go through emotional development. They can be sad, happy, learn something, etc. You still stick to your character in some ways. Homer Simpson lives and learns, but in the end he's still an alcoholic.

And that's the key - you're subtle. Sometimes you actually make a trivial contribution or two. But you still spice in annoyance, or whatever get's you your attention. Maybe you piss people off with your agressive opinions you can't back, your ignorance to obvious shit, innane questions that could easily be solved through google,repeated bumping of pointless threads, whatever your angle is.

You could do this for months, years if you wanted to. You could even give yourself a backstory that has a lot of people overlooking you. You could be very young, sick, mentally handicapped, extremely foreign, what have you. Then you'd even have people sticking up for you. "It's not their fault their a terrible poster, she's extremely foriegn!" It would be quite easy to hover below the line of bannable, while still forcing attention upon yourself.
    Last edited by Al Coholic; 12-12-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

What is with alt accounts. I still do not totally understand how they log in even after they are banned. Do they log in through a different account that isn't banned? Isn't it basically impossible to totally get rid of them? How do people even make them anyway? It seems stupid and useless to me. I think they should just use one account. Everyone always finds out when they are another person!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

When you get banned you can still log in, you just get a page that tells you that you've been banned, and you can only see that page. Or that's how I remember it. Maybe it's different.

EDIT: I think I also got a reason why.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

hey guys whats going on in this thread?

You're trying too hard.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

You imply that alt account are just made to troll, even in a subtle way.

I have a passion for clones. On one of my board, I had 3 alt accounts, each of them with a different character.

I have a clone on facebook, one on myspace.

I don't do it to troll... they were all made a for a different reason, but none of them has ever been banned, nobody ever suspected it was me, I was never mean, and never insulted anyone.

Sometime, you make alternate account because it's fun. What you call "being subtle" is the ONLY interest I have in cloning. I like creating characters, talk through them, especially to my friends who don't know who I am. I eventually can't resist saying it's me, though... so I have to make new clones all the time...

Anyway, everytime I create a clone: I'm telling myself 2 things:
    1) I have way too much time in my hands and maybe I should do something productive
    2) The clone has to be good: a different style of writing for each clones... that's also why I don't do it on english speaking boards... I don't think my clones would be good enough.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Oh man. I missed you god. How's auntie mable?
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter12296566 View Post
    What is with alt accounts. I still do not totally understand how they log in even after they are banned. Do they log in through a different account that isn't banned? Isn't it basically impossible to totally get rid of them? How do people even make them anyway? It seems stupid and useless to me. I think they should just use one account. Everyone always finds out when they are another person!
    It's actually not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter12296566 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    That's what she said.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"