Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: I feel this belongs here because it's more about personality than actual music.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    always thought it naive to think any pop star ever 'did what they want' and didn't try to fit some mold.
    Sure. I was speaking within the little bit of wiggle room allowed. I don't think I explained myself very clearly, but I'd probably still be holding a minority opinion even if I had so I won't try to elaborate.

I just always thought she was ok. Other than when she first appeared being portrayed as some kind of female Eminem. I guess I just got a totally different vibe from her than you guys did.

Summary: Fuck y'all I'm going home to listen to Pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Sure. I was speaking within the little bit of wiggle room allowed. I don't think I explained myself very clearly, but I'd probably still be holding a minority opinion even if I had so I won't try to elaborate.

I just always thought she was ok. Other than when she first appeared being portrayed as some kind of female Eminem. I guess I just got a totally different vibe from her than you guys did.

Summary: Fuck y'all I'm going home to listen to Pink.
    well i think i see what you're saying. Whether or not it was genuine, it was refreshing to have a female pop singer doing something different? If that's what you meant, i fully agree. Britney and christina and jessica and blah blah blah... They were all the same and so boring. Anyway, i especially agree with your last sentence. I'm gonna put on some pink and dance around the room like a fool. I hope you did the same :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Britney and christina and jessica and blah blah blah...
    Yes, that was definitely part of it. Most female acts with mainstream success at the time seemed to be rather interchangeable. These days Pink doesn't stand out as something unique, but it felt like she did back then. And as someone already mentioned she apparently wrote her own songs and whatnot. Things like that made her feel less manufactured. And I genuinely liked the music. It's really rare for me to like a female singer. Probably because my taste leans towards all things rock based and that's clearly male dominated.

Pink was always just and older angrier Avril Lavigne to me.
    I wrote a four word letter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQELoPvdLeQ

If we could just do that to all the popstars of today, that would be radical.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Yes, that was definitely part of it. Most female acts with mainstream success at the time seemed to be rather interchangeable. These days Pink doesn't stand out as something unique, but it felt like she did back then. And as someone already mentioned she apparently wrote her own songs and whatnot. Things like that made her feel less manufactured. And I genuinely liked the music. It's really rare for me to like a female singer. Probably because my taste leans towards all things rock based and that's clearly male dominated.
    yeah i think the fact that, after her first album, she's had a good rock sound always made her way more interesting to me. None of the other late nineties pop singers had that. I don't like the whole 'pink is the same as avril' thing. Both are female pop singers who were less typical girly in their personar... But their styles, actual persona, attitudes, and music have always been way different. I listened to some pink earlier, and damn. Conversations with my thirteen year old self is SUCH a good song...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Avril always felt massively manufactured. An attempt to cash in on the growing pop-punk popularity. I remember first hearing about her at a Greenday/Blink 182 concert. The way they were advertising her rubbed me the wrong way immediately. I'll admit I liked a few of her songs, but the only similarity I see between her and Pink is a vagina.

Did you know Avril is no longer with Derek from Sum 41? For some inexplicable reason that news made me sad. I wanted to slap myself for caring. Just a random bit of info.

She clearly had a target group, a great many of her songs were about the underappreciated alternative or unpopular 'rock' guys who later on would overcome adversity somehow to score the super model while still staying true to the values of their subculture.

I'm embellishing that a bit, but not by much. I think I would be able to write great screenplays for Fox though.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Rock guys are hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdope View Post
    Disturbia is the catchiest thing released this side of the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Swear to God.
    this is the noble truth.
    Does anyone remember how long I had "BUM BUM BE-DUM BUM BUM BE-DUM BUM" as my signature?