Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who lurks the lurkers

Default who lurks the lurkers

Does anyone worthwhile even bother to lurk anymore?

C'mon, just wave or something. Anybody? Anybody?

Man, this place was my fucking life once. Crazy.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Oh noez, real life swallowed their souls! That's unhealthy.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Why are you still here, though? I'm actually surprised some old members still post.

1 members appreciate this post.

Worthwhile? Fuck you too, man

I (a) crave a forum on which to post stuff in a slightly more anonymous fashion than Facebook or Twitter, where I can just vent and see whether or not people care and not get too embarrassed if they don't, and (b) don't have any motivation to go out and find any new forums where people are more active. That about sums it up for me. How the hell are you, Richard?
    My previous signature was getting old. This is my new one.

I haven't been to this site in like two months, but here I am!

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    I (a) crave a forum on which to post stuff in a slightly more anonymous fashion than Facebook or Twitter, where I can just vent and see whether or not people care and not get too embarrassed if they don't, and (b) don't have any motivation to go out and find any new forums where people are more active. That about sums it up for me. How the hell are you, Richard?
    I've actually taken to Disqus channels. I don't mind that FB isn't anonymous, and for a while I did actively comment on articles from pages I followed. But enough IRL friends were like, "Dude, my whole newsfeed is you and the articles you comment on..." that I was like ofak. They were nice about it, but there was some genuine annoyance in their tone So I stopped doing that, and now I follow a few Disqus channels (two are about news articles, and one is more editorial - I used to follow a religion one, but it was overwhelmed with Christians who were unwilling to listen to anyone else and just preached about Jesus). It's not the same - there are a lot more people, and the discussion is much more moderated... but it's still a good outlet for all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

That's an excellent point. For me as well, it's not even always the anonymity, it's the worry of posting shit that nobody cares about and making them unfollow me entirely, which will suck when the time comes that I post something I actually want them to see.

I suspect I'll eventually foray into Reddit. I've only made sporadic attempts at it thus far, but it seems to be my next most likely posting sanctuary.
    My previous signature was getting old. This is my new one.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Worthwhile? Fuck you too, man
    Haha, yeah. I guess this site just brings the elitist prick out in me like nothing else on Earth. Probably anyone who still lurks here is more than worthy at this point. Damn, even that sounded kinda prickish. What the fuck? I'm so nice everywhere else.

Xylo! I'm good, man. Thanks for asking. And yourself? Yeah, I need to try Reddit. I hear good things.

I'm glad I'm not the only one still semi-haunting this faded ruin.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Reddit is your answer.

You can be as anonymous as you want, and actually even more than here as there are much more redditors than forum members. Active 24/7 and no motivation required to find. Sounds perfect.
    Last edited by Tired_Of_You; 03-28-2016 at 04:59 AM.

I'm here !

So how have you guys been ?

(On a totally unrelated subject, PIB, I considered going to Nottingham next month to see Brian Fallon (I've been listening to Gaslight Anthem and Brian Fallon non stop since last July... I don't get bored, which is weird...) there. But it looks like I won't have the money )
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 03-29-2016 at 06:35 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !