Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some unpopular opinions you have?

Default What are some unpopular opinions you have?

It doesn't have to be contrary to general population, it can be an unpopular opinion in your group of friends or on this forum.

Just about everyone I know is tolerant of or genuinely enjoys Taylor Swift, it just doesn't click with me. I am by no means opposed to pop music, if I am alone and Teenage Dream comes on the radio, I'm probably going to sing the whole thing in falsetto. I can see the appeal of pop music, but Taylor Swift just bored me.

I was the first person in my group of friends to really like Fall Out Boy, some people gave me shit for it, I think most of them came around now and actually enjoy them.

I don't remember Pulp Fiction being that great of a movie. I think Quentin Tarantino gets way more credit than he deserves, in general.

I think hairless cats are fucking adorable, orange juice needs to have pulp, and boxer briefs are the superior underwear.

I don't like punk music and... that's all I've got for now. I always find myself thinking about this stuff, but can never seem to remember them.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 10-13-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Right now, being sympathetic to the Occupy Wall Street protesters (especially at work).

I, too, don't really like "punx" music. I like some of the more listenable bands that are tentatively labeled "punk" for convenience, but the "trupunx" bands almost always suck IMO. I can't listen to Minor Threat or (brace for blasphemy) Black Flag. I like the Dead Kennedys somewhat, but as much as I like Jello and his weirdness, I can't stand his voice most of the time.

Liking Green Day pretty much anyplace, anytime, is pretty unpopular now (outside of a certain demographic, anyway). Though I'm gradually coming around to the opinion that Billie Joe is kind of a prick.

I'm a fan of the recent Sonic games. Every Sonic fan I talk to about this insists that "Sonic died after Sonic Adventure came out," and they refuse to acknowledge any of the games that have existed since. I like almost every Sonic game I've played; some of them are buggier and less polished than others, and every one since Sonic 3 & Knuckles definitely has its flaws (usually pertaining to obvious glitches and horrible camera controls), but only one of them so far has been anything close to unplayable (Sonic 2006).
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

I see myself as an anti-capitalist and I have had many big discussions with my friends about that, which usually consist of them versus me on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    I'm a fan of the recent Sonic games. Every Sonic fan I talk to about this insists that "Sonic died after Sonic Adventure came out," and they refuse to acknowledge any of the games that have existed since. I like almost every Sonic game I've played; some of them are buggier and less polished than others, and every one since Sonic 3 & Knuckles definitely has its flaws (usually pertaining to obvious glitches and horrible camera controls), but only one of them so far has been anything close to unplayable (Sonic 2006).
    I kind of agree with those Sonic fans. After Sonic Adventure 2, there is no Sonic games worth playing. Don't get me started on how incredibly poor game Sonic Heroes is. I haven't tried Sonic Colours yet so I can't say anything about that, though. Sonic Unleashed had actually good Sonic levels, problem is that you play as that retarded beast 70 % of the time, and that ruins the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I think Titanic is unfairly judged. It's not an amzing movie but it's definitely not a bad movie.

Just a good movie.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I kind of agree with those Sonic fans. After Sonic Adventure 2, there is no Sonic games worth playing. Don't get me started on how incredibly poor game Sonic Heroes is. I haven't tried Sonic Colours yet so I can't say anything about that, though. Sonic Unleashed had actually good Sonic levels, problem is that you play as that retarded beast 70 % of the time, and that ruins the game.
    I HATE HATE HATED Sonic Heroes at first, but that was mostly because of physics glitches and some very precise control mechanisms that were not explained very well. Once I figured out how to do everything, I actually liked playing it (though I'll always hate Team Dark's levels, just because they're the *exact same* as Team Hero's levels but with more enemy spams). I just started Unleashed, and so far it's alright. I don't care for the town-roaming segments but so far the gameplay is decent.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    I HATE HATE HATED Sonic Heroes at first, but that was mostly because of physics glitches and some very precise control mechanisms that were not explained very well. Once I figured out how to do everything, I actually liked playing it (though I'll always hate Team Dark's levels, just because they're the *exact same* as Team Hero's levels but with more enemy spams). I just started Unleashed, and so far it's alright. I don't care for the town-roaming segments but so far the gameplay is decent.
    Unleashed has good levels when you play as Sonic, but when you become that werehedgehog or whatever, it's just tedious beat 'em up which consists of you tapping one single button through the whole level. With 70 % of the game being werehedgehog-levels, it is not worth the money or time spent on the it.

I have never played a game with worse controls than Sonic Heroes, and the levels are boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Speaking of Sonic, I really don't understand the appeal of the new boost and QTE Sonic gameplay that they've been using since Unleashed. Even the people who hated pretty much everything since Sonic Adventure 2 seem to laud Colours as the best Sonic game in years, but I've tried playing it multiple times and it just isn't fun in the slightest. I was more a fan of the Adventure-style games, although Sonic 2006 managed to fuck that up too.
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I think Titanic is unfairly judged. It's not an amzing movie but it's definitely not a bad movie.
    For sure is better than Titanic II. And has one of the most epic scenes ever. That when Leo is drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Red. View Post
    For sure is better than Titanic II.

It is. But Titanic II taught me a new and very ingenious way of using a credit card, as it can apparently be used to stop arterial bleeding.

Oh and I also still think that the European Union is an excellent idea...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !