Thread: In which Thunder posts about his music stuff

Hybrid View

Default Luna Ray (and other projects by me)

NEW ALBUM IS OUT!
    Listen to it here: http://music.lunaray.nl

Old post below:
    =======================
    What's up guys? As it turns out, I make music.
    I'll show you my experiments with (mostly) electronic stuff. The project is called Luna Ray, and the styles range from electropop to industrial metal to some attempt at just metal.

Download the entire first album here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zy4ywu0zkfe

Please do comment on the music.
    Last edited by ThunderPX; 09-17-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Any band that describes themselves as "Totally Epic" probably isn't that great.

Heh. Sorry, I guess I'm a little over-excited over the fact that we finally have a competent line-up together.

That's not the point of this thread right now, though. :P

Haha you last name is Pubben?

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Haha you last name is Pubben?
    Yeah, he last name is Pubben.

Anyway Thunder, I love this stuff! I've been writing punk for a long time now, and last year I started getting into folk and pop, and now electronic stuff. This project, particularly the first two songs, are the kind of stuff that I want to make right now, but I can't get those thick, rich synth sounds you're getting (not to mention that I can't seem to put my guitar down for longer than a few tracks ). I gotta say the only one I didn't like was "Alienation". Reminded me too much of Mortal Kombat...the movie. Heh, I'm trying to forget all about that flick, man. But yeah, what kinds of programs are you using for your sounds?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Right now I'm using FL Studio. It's often underrated (a lot of people act as though it's a "toy"), but it's very cool. Its only drawback is the price, especially since you want the version with all the features. But hey, there's, uh, other methods to... acquire it...
    Apart from that, I have a lot of free-to-use samples that came on DVDs bundled with a UK magazine called Computer Music. A total audio goldmine, but I'm not sure if it's available in the US; getting it over here is hard enough.

Anyway, thanks! It does seem that a lot of people aren't too fond of Alienation. I guess I gotta find some other musical outlet for my anger. :P