Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In which Thunder posts about his music stuff

Default Luna Ray (and other projects by me)

NEW ALBUM IS OUT!
    Listen to it here: http://music.lunaray.nl

Old post below:
    =======================
    What's up guys? As it turns out, I make music.
    I'll show you my experiments with (mostly) electronic stuff. The project is called Luna Ray, and the styles range from electropop to industrial metal to some attempt at just metal.

Download the entire first album here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zy4ywu0zkfe

Please do comment on the music.
    Last edited by ThunderPX; 09-17-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Any band that describes themselves as "Totally Epic" probably isn't that great.

Heh. Sorry, I guess I'm a little over-excited over the fact that we finally have a competent line-up together.

That's not the point of this thread right now, though. :P

Haha you last name is Pubben?

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Haha you last name is Pubben?
    Yeah, he last name is Pubben.

Anyway Thunder, I love this stuff! I've been writing punk for a long time now, and last year I started getting into folk and pop, and now electronic stuff. This project, particularly the first two songs, are the kind of stuff that I want to make right now, but I can't get those thick, rich synth sounds you're getting (not to mention that I can't seem to put my guitar down for longer than a few tracks ). I gotta say the only one I didn't like was "Alienation". Reminded me too much of Mortal Kombat...the movie. Heh, I'm trying to forget all about that flick, man. But yeah, what kinds of programs are you using for your sounds?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Right now I'm using FL Studio. It's often underrated (a lot of people act as though it's a "toy"), but it's very cool. Its only drawback is the price, especially since you want the version with all the features. But hey, there's, uh, other methods to... acquire it...
    Apart from that, I have a lot of free-to-use samples that came on DVDs bundled with a UK magazine called Computer Music. A total audio goldmine, but I'm not sure if it's available in the US; getting it over here is hard enough.

Anyway, thanks! It does seem that a lot of people aren't too fond of Alienation. I guess I gotta find some other musical outlet for my anger. :P

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Damn. I guess that shows how broken my creativity is. I've had FL Studio 8 for a year now, but I haven't been able to do anything substantial with any VSTis yet. But I get what you mean. It LOOKS like a toy, but it has more stuff than I can ever use. Most of my success has come an awesome modular synth called MiniMogue. You should look it up. It's free.

Oh, and about Computer Music, I read bunch of their articles from a site (maybe their site?) years ago and I've been wanting to get ahold of a subscription since. I want that son-of-a-bitch, but no dice yet.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Story time!

So basically, the last release I did was in 2009, and that was just a redone version of a 2008 release. According to an old list of plans I found recently, I was supposed to have four albums out now, and that's not even taking into account my other projects. Needless to say, things worked out a little differently. :P

The past year I've been working on a crapload of new Luna Ray stuff for a new album. My songwriting skills and my recording equipment have both improved significantly, so if you thought the last album was good, this one is likely to blow your head off. There's just two things I'm struggling with:
    a) I have over twenty songs, but I can't seem to pick out twelve that'll make for a strong and versatile album. I'm trying to rectify this by writing a couple more heavy songs, but my inspiration for songwriting only comes out when it wants to.
    b) I want to promote this music. Part of my plan to do so is to assemble a live band, but I don't want to rely on backing tracks too much, so I'm saving up for a laptop so I can use a keyboard as a MIDI controller for FL Studio. This is going to take a while.

I have been making some tangible progress with my rock band, Kalliora, however. Last time I mentioned it, I said something like "totally epic", which was really my opinion at the time considering our line-up.
    Unfortunately, we had to fire both our guitarists; one was good but never showed up, and the other always showed up but wasn't good. So I was back on guitar, but I'm not nearly as good at solos as our old lead guitarist.
    Regardless, we continued with this line-up and recorded a three-song demo. We couldn't use my home equipment, since we needed to record drums. We also wanted to mic our amps instead of using Guitar Rig, so we needed a place with proper electric wiring so everything didn't keep going bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. We were able to pull some strings and get some free recording time. We managed to finish most of our set, but one of the songs is still missing some vocal parts that I'll have to add in later.

In short, here's a preview of the two finished tracks. I put them up on my own MySpace since I don't want too many people to hear these until the third track is finished and I do final mixing/mastering on these.

http://www.myspace.com/kironpmusic

GUESS WHAT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

MY NEW ALBUM THAT'S WHAT

GO GET IT
    Last edited by ThunderPX; 09-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Wow, so, the programmer for a pretty well-known venue in the area got hold of my album and offered me an opening slot in November.

I don't even have a band. o_O
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!