Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In which Thunder posts about his music stuff

No reactions, really? Guess I should start making crappier music again. :P
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Recorded a quick cover of Weezer's "Photograph" today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lAQ5UOFVCQ
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Will someone pleeeeease criticise my album already?

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Damn, I didn't realize you were getting no luv. I'm about to go to bed, but I'm going to try my hardest to remember to listen tonight. I still remember the stuff I heard last year, so I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
    Wow, so, the programmer for a pretty well-known venue in the area got hold of my album and offered me an opening slot in November.

I don't even have a band. o_O
    Most frustrating shit in the world, eh? I've been offered so many shows, managers, recording contracts (not that I want those) over the years, but I can never keep my band together long enough to take advantage of things. So sad. What's the music scene like where you live?
    Last edited by randman21; 11-19-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

It's just sort of there. I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere, but it would be wrong to say there's no music scene at all.
    There's a lot of support for local bands in nearby towns, with them organising events to give new people an opportunity to get out there.
    The only problem is that most of the bands kind of suck, they either have this awful droning Kings of Leon thing going on or are just generic pop punk.
    A couple years back when I was in high school, there were some pretty decent punk bands (I was in one), but I think most of those people cleared out to the north as soon as possible because the music scene is much better there.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

So I listened...what can I say? The thing is just fucking awesome.

It's so hard to give criticism when something is well-done. I usually resort to production tips if the songs themselves are good, but from top to bottom, this is a great album, technically and creatively. Professional shit, man. My favorites were Change, Within, Bound for Glory, and World.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Everyone whom I've managed to force to listen to the album seems to like World a lot. It's not one of my favourites though... goes to show you how good artists are at judging their own work. :P

Carnival of Monsters has Pretty Hate Machine vibe all over the place, the raw simplicity of sound (both structure and effects) and lyrics (well, as much as I got into them), just like in PHM. Pretty damn enjoyable stuff, not sure whether it will feel interesting for a while or will burn itself quickly, though. What I wished was better is your voice, it feels like it isn't up there with music, but that's the only thing I would say something bad about. Keep it up.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

A listener! \o/

Well, thanks for the PHM reference. I've always had a lot of NIN-based inspiration, but I mostly don't get quite as dark as whatever Trent Reznor cooks up. So I guess if I still manage to remind someone of a NIN album, then I'm doing good!

I also get that you wouldn't like my voice as much as the rest. It's never been the most powerful part of me. :P

Heh. I'm sorry, I think that I am a little angry that we finally have the report together.