Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you allow such a law in society?

Default Would you allow such a law in society?

I was reading about a study performed on sexual offenders who had been castrated as a means to reduce their sentance in Norway. Out of the 103 offenders, there were only 3 re-offenders. The paper reported much lower than control amounts (although this number is not given).
    Studies on guinea pigs and other rodents show that a few weeks after castration, sexual behaviour drops to negligible levels. Similar studies with similar results have been performed on primates. In total there are quite a number of animal studies.
    So,
    my question is: say this research, peer-reviewed and published, was all compiled, available for all to read. Would you vote to pass a law saying repeat sexual offenders should be castrated? As well, if even pedophilic sexual drive can be stemmed to the normal hormones produced in gonads (i.e. testosterone), would you support castration of those guilty of pedophilia?
    Just a side note, castration equals sterility.
    Tatyana <3

Live fast cause if you don't take it, you'll never make it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Sex is kinda like The Offspring. If you've never tried it, you'll ask yourself...what's so good about it? Once you do try it, you love it.

As well, if even pedophilic sexual drive can be stemmed to the normal hormones produced in
    Meaning what, you could give them some kind of anti-hormone to sustain their drive? Well if you could then I guess do that. If they still violate or don't take their pills I suppose you can do castration in rare instances. But the thing is that repeat offenders would be thrown away in jail, so what's the point? This would have to be something you give out in extreme cases, like the death sentence. But in those extreme cases, they aren't gonna be gettin outta jail so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetTatyana View Post
    Just a side note, castration equals sterility.
    There are a few ways people can be castrated, and I'm not entirely sure which one this is. But, from what I've read, the three main ways are:

1) Physically remove sex organs.
    2) Use chemicals as a one-time process that permanently sterilizes the person and removes sex drive in its entirety.
    3) Use drugs that the offender is required to go to the hospital and take every so often, which strongly reduces/inhibits his sex drive. - if he stops using the drugs, he's no longer "sterile".

I assume what you're referring to is the second type. In my opinion, only the third should be used, unless the guy is a repeated offender who fails to follow the law on taking his drugs. Then I may support the second type being used. However, I definitely feel the first is a huge ethics violation, and someone who is falsely accused of rape could easily end up with his dick being removed. Rape is a really hard thing to prove (much harder to prove than most crimes, really... consent, alcohol, emotions, etc...), so I think the third is the only really okay option unless there is irrefutable proof of repeat offenses, or the guy comes clean.

Rape is such a disgusting thing that I definitely do support some sort of castration repercussion. Many people seem to support all types of castration laws, though, including physical removal. They say, "don't rape people then". These tend to be the same people that strongly support the death penalty...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

This is a tough one...

I don't think cutting off sexual offenders penises will keep them from harming anyone ever again. They will likely try to repeat the offense, seeking some form of pleasure, even if they can't obtain it sexually. Rapists are violent, not just sexually.

If you were look at it as an 'eye for an eye' situation, you could castrate and throw them in jail, being the worst punishment.

I guess I would allow such a law, simply because I think sexual offenders should have the worst punishment possible.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    Meaning what, you could give them some kind of anti-hormone to sustain their drive? Well if you could then I guess do that. If they still violate or don't take their pills I suppose you can do castration in rare instances. But the thing is that repeat offenders would be thrown away in jail, so what's the point? This would have to be something you give out in extreme cases, like the death sentence. But in those extreme cases, they aren't gonna be gettin outta jail so...
    I should have elaborate a bit. What I mean by saying if it was the case that the sexual urges experienced by pedophilia were still caused by testosterone (which is responsible for sex drive), so that castration would diminish their drive to molest children, would you vote for castration of pedophiles.
    Tatyana <3

Sex is kinda like The Offspring. If you've never tried it, you'll ask yourself...what's so good about it? Once you do try it, you love it.

This is a practice in the US already for repeat offenders. Not mandatory but it is a practice. Just wanted to point this out.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

LM so you mean it is a possible sentence? Do you know how many times you must offend (in general, like a minimum) before it can be applied?
    Tatyana <3

I don't think cutting off sexual offenders penises will keep them from harming anyone ever again. They will likely try to repeat the offense, seeking some form of pleasure, even if they can't obtain it sexually. Rapists are violent, not just sexually.
    Yeah I was thinking more of the chemical way but I do agree with you that there will always be a residual amount of offense as a result of some other limbic drive, like how the study shows 3 people still re-offended after castruation. But it is can significantly reduce by a large margin, is that something to ignore?
    Tatyana <3

I would like to emphasize this is in regards to pedophilia, not rape. Laws on rape are generally shitty worldwide. Pedophilia is a crime committed because of desire, where rape is a crime of power, so castration whether physical or chemical is usually pretty effective to prevent recidivism.

ST, I have no idea how many offenses but I've heard of it as a term for parole. If it's being used, it's likely on a case by case basis.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Hmm, I guess it really depends. For repeat offenders who don't show any signs of changing, I think it could be somewat useful as a last resort.
    If it prevents people from being harmed, then this is quite an advantage.

We do it to many animals as a means of safety as well as just preventing reproduction. The very few times I've seen stallions, they've been a lot more high spirited and you must take a lot more caution around them than geldings (castrated horse).
    If a person decides that they'd rather act like an animal, then they should be treated as one.