Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Public/Private

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,406


    Default Public/Private

    As you have no doubt guessed, I have many failings.

    Part of the reason for that is because they are numerous and obvious. However, another reason my abrasive tendencies are so visible is because I don't bother to hide them very often. While meeting the parents I'll make an effort, but short of that? Please.

    Now, one of my many failings, aside from brilliance and good looks, is a semi-complete inability to tell public from private. Sometimes I just don't know (or don't get) people's embarrassment with certain topics and so continue to discuss them or bring things up.

    Par example.

    When I got back from France this year I was jet-lagged as hell and had had one of the worst trip experiences of my life. When I finally got home we had friends over. I hung out for a bit, went to watch Avatar in that weird twilight zone after your first day awake (and after you've flown, when you feel like things are still moving slightly even when sitting still) then I had a few beers, a glass of wine, and went to sleep.

    Four hours later I am roused from sleep by a panicked "HEY!"

    Step one: I wake up.
    Step two: I realize I am standing up. That's unusual. Hold on a second...
    Step three: I realize I'm peeing right now. Standing up in the dark.
    Step four: What?! I'm peeing! I'm in my room, standing up, peeing!
    Step five: I finally get it and stop peeing all over the mirror in the bedroom.
    Step six: Holly (utterer of HEY!) ushers me into the bathroom so I can finish, then actually cleans the rest up for me (can you say keeper?).
    Step seven: I finish, slur out an apology and go back to sleep.

    That was it. The next day I told the story. However a friend had a similar experience - well, it was much worse, but still - and wouldn't let me tell anyone for over a year, after which point it suddenly became alright to talk about.

    Where is this line between public and private? Why can you play never have I ever like a bunch of children and brag about your sex lives in the broadest terms but squeal and run away when your little embarrassments come out of hiding?

    The point is this. Everyone's got a pee story. What's yours?
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    São Paulo Rock City
    Posts
    1,642


    Default

    I'm a bit confused wether you are talking about sleep walking or peeing in public place or embarassing someone with innapropriate subjects...
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

    "You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

    "It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,831


    Default

    I accidentally drank my pee once. Apparently I had made use of a convenient bottle while intoxicated and then forgot what was in it. At least it was my own though. I know people who have done worse.

    My brother was once working away from home and was woken one night by his colleague who was sharing the hotel room. Apparently my brother was halfway out the window and getting ready to pee/fall to his death.

    I had a cat that used to pee in my shoes. I didn't know what was going on for quite some time. I only knew my shoes smelled inexplicably bad.

    That's about all I've got.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    São Paulo Rock City
    Posts
    1,642


    Default

    I usually pee in a toilet or a urinal, but that's just me.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

    "You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

    "It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    sonic death knell
    Posts
    2,965


    Default

    I don't remember this but my room mate swears that it happened. I once woke up after a night of drinking and other debauchery, climbed over my room mate sleeping on the couch and then pissed into my kitties litter box in the next room. Walked back to my room and went back to sleep. I'm pretty fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,831


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyCrack View Post
    pissed into my kitties litter box
    Pretty sure I did that when I lived in a house with a basement just to avoid going upstairs.

    Now, if you took a shit in it, that would be a great story.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey!!!
    Posts
    8,684


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Where is this line between public and private? Why can you play never have I ever like a bunch of children and brag about your sex lives in the broadest terms but squeal and run away when your little embarrassments come out of hiding?
    I'm actually kind of the other way around. I have no problem sharing amusing and slightly embarrassing stories about myself, but I tend to keep my love/sex-life more to myself.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,054


    Default

    I don't have any urine stories, but one time, I was at a birthday party for a friend of several of my friends. It was his 21 and he had waay too much extra cash, so there was enough alcohol to knock out a small army. I started out with some fruity flavored smirnoff. Its my weakness... tastes like soda... I had a handful of them. Then I got into screwdrivers and when my boyfriend started complaining that my friend put more vodka than oj in his cup, I promptly grabbed it from him and downed it. Then I drank some more. I didn't even realize I was drunk until I fell off the stool at the bar that I had been sitting on since I got there. Wil caught me, placed me back on the stool and helped me balance. I don't remember anything else except for a brief moment of me being helped to my room. When I got to work the next day at noon, I was still drunk.

    Ever since that party, they always made sure to get some smirnoff to get me started. My Russian friend has called me her "little puppy" ever since then because my drunken stupor was "so cute"
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,544


    Default

    You guys are all disgusting. I'm just sayin'.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northwest United States
    Posts
    4,069


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    You guys are all disgusting. I'm just sayin'.
    Don't pee on our parade.

    The only story I have is from when I was little. Back in the day, my family was trailer trash. And as with all trailers we had one bathroom. I was asleep one night and was dreaming that I was showering. While showering I heard a knock at the door and heard my little sister ask if she could go pee. I said sure. I then promptly peed my pants in reality.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •