Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought

Lightbulb Thought

Is there anything more depressing than a fake plant in an office? It's supposed to be there to liven up an otherwise dull and monotonous atmosphere. But instead it just collects dust, a reminder that if anything real was there instead it would just die in your miserable square. Makes you want to quit the whole career path, go outside to just lie down in some real, dirty grass. Ants, mud, sandspers and everything.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Well, my boyfriend threw out a cactus today off his desk because it was dying so it may be concluded that his office is less hospitable than a desert, but I'm assuming this is a step to the point where people start buying fake plants
    Tatyana <3

Live fast cause if you don't take it, you'll never make it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Sex is kinda like The Offspring. If you've never tried it, you'll ask yourself...what's so good about it? Once you do try it, you love it.

Somehow, a picture of a fake plant would be better than a fake plant.
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

I thought the purpose of have plants in the office was to increase oxygen circulating in the air so it didnt get stuffy and have people fall asleep. Since greenery plans aren't necessarily pretty, I don't see why anyone would imitate a fake version of one
    Tatyana <3

Live fast cause if you don't take it, you'll never make it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Sex is kinda like The Offspring. If you've never tried it, you'll ask yourself...what's so good about it? Once you do try it, you love it.

The whole corporate environment has two underlying smells - the sharp stench of the driven, hard-working worker's gloriously ambitious sweat and the stagnating odour of the depressed and desperate roped into the professional world due to an inability to find a way around it.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I'm a mix of both. Maybe I'll figure out which half to go with after I have a stroke or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    Is there anything more depressing than a fake plant in an office? It's supposed to be there to liven up an otherwise dull and monotonous atmosphere. But instead it just collects dust, a reminder that if anything real was there instead it would just die in your miserable square. Makes you want to quit the whole career path, go outside to just lie down in some real, dirty grass. Ants, mud, sandspers and everything.
    But it's pretty funny if you work with Mark Wahlberg.

Fake plants bother me in general, mostly for the reasons given. They collect dust, they're not alive so they don't "liven" anything up... they're always way obviously fake, so it's not even enjoyable. Plus most of the time, fake plants just seem like someone is too lazy to take care of a real plant.

I've actually always kind of despised fake plants, haha. They're just so ridiculous to me. I used to work in a garden center, and it was always the 80 year old women who'd come through the aisles with the fake plants... I can sort of understand really old people who can't really take care of much. But otherwise? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    they're always way obviously fake
    I've actually seen some amazing ones, but I suppose that's not really the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    Is there anything more depressing than a fake plant in an office?
    Yes. Me in an office.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I've actually seen some amazing ones, but I suppose that's not really the point of this thread.
    Yeah, fairly rarely, but like you said, not really the point. :-P

Yes. Me in an office.
    This was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk